Schuco windows channel guide replacements?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
auntpatty1951

Schuco windows channel guide replacements?

#1 Post by auntpatty1951 »

We had the Schuco Corona 4000 series windows installed in our home 10 years ago -- and we love them, with one exception. The little parts that allow for the window to take the turn along the tracks break every once in a while. We would like to purchase about 20 replacement pieces - 10 for the tops and 10 for the bottoms but do not know where to start looking. Anyone out there have any ideas for us? The part #s are: 6100102-BL/TR and 61000102-TLBR. Thank you.

Windows on Washington

Re: Schuco windows channel guide replacements?

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Patty,

Can you post up a picture of the piece in question?

I will copy Dave on this post as he knows Schuco better than any of the other pros on the board.

auntpatty1951

#3 Post by auntpatty1951 »

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to post pictures to this board. Let's see if this works.
Attachments
Schuco 1.jpg
(4.13 KiB) Downloaded 502 times

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#4 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Those are going to be very difficult to find unless you can find a former dealer with a supply of them in stock. I just exhausted my supply last week for one of my customers by salvaging them off my old inline slider sample windows.
I am sure that the owners of Force V Environmental who bought the Schuco vinyl operations have boxes of them, but I don't know the current status of their old stocks or how to contact anyone since they went out of business. It would be nice if they'd sell all their old hardware to Blaine, Strybuc, Swissco or one of the other old parts suppliers so that people would have access to them.
If you do find them, never ever close one of these windows fast. Slow the sash down to a crawl when you close them so that the metal pins that hold the sashes in the tracks don't break these plastic pieces during the crossover to the outer track. I always instructed my customers to do so and it has somewhat limited the breakage of those parts.

EDIT: I just emailed my contact over at Schuco-USA about these pieces. I'll post back what I found out as soon as I hear back from them.

Window4U (IL)

#5 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Great news Aunt Patty! Schuco USA, the company that sold their operations to Forcve V Environmental still has these parts in stock.

Email Carol at: CaroleVancedarfield@schuco-usa.com
Tell her how many of each kind you need and what color you need and she will UPS them out to you.
There are lefts, rights and centers. To avoid confusion I would order the same amount of lefts as rights to make it easy.

auntpatty1951

#6 Post by auntpatty1951 »

Oh my goodness! How can I thank you? I will contact Carole by email tonight. We did not know where to turn. Thank you so very much.

Window4U (IL)

#7 Post by Window4U (IL) »

I am happy I was able to help. You can continue to enjoy your windows now.

ShucoFan

#8 Post by ShucoFan »

Dave, while we are on the topic of Schuco and their parts, would you advise on purchasing any spare parts while they are still around?

I too have the Corona 4000 (Triples) and they are an awesome window, but would hate to get stuck replacing one because I'm missing a few key parts down the road...

Chris

Window4U (IL)

#9 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Unless you have inline sliders, I don't think it's necessary. Not much to go wrong parts-wise on double hungs. Parts on double hungs that might go bad are also pretty easy to buy from several internet window parts companies. The original parts that made the windows come outside suppliers and most are interchangeable.
Plus Chris, I have enough parts for you for at least the next 50 years. I have about 40 old Schuco windows in storage I can steal stuff off of, though I haven't had to do that yet as we still have a couple of parts boxes they gave us us for service use back then.

ShucoFan

#10 Post by ShucoFan »

Great, thanks a lot for the info :) I sure do miss the company, I see they only do commercial products and solar now...

What are you advising for brands now that Schuco is gone? My friends are always asking me about windows as their houses are all approaching that age.

Chris

Window4U (IL)

#11 Post by Window4U (IL) »

The HiMark 500 & 800 and the Starmark composite window are my favorites because of great looks, great performance and they are nicely priced.

soongr53

#12 Post by soongr53 »

Someone posted last year - "We had the Schuco Corona 4000 series windows installed in our home 10 years ago -- and we love them, with one exception. The little parts that allow for the window to take the turn along the tracks break every once in a while. We would like to purchase about 20 replacement pieces - 10 for the tops and 10 for the bottoms but do not know where to start looking. Anyone out there have any ideas for us? The part #s are: 6100102-BL/TR and 61000102-TLBR. Thank you."

I have the same question now. Are these parts still available somewhere? Thank you!

Window4U (IL)

#13 Post by Window4U (IL) »

soongr53 wrote:Someone posted last year - "We had the Schuco Corona 4000 series windows installed in our home 10 years ago -- and we love them, with one exception. The little parts that allow for the window to take the turn along the tracks break every once in a while. We would like to purchase about 20 replacement pieces - 10 for the tops and 10 for the bottoms but do not know where to start looking. Anyone out there have any ideas for us? The part #s are: 6100102-BL/TR and 61000102-TLBR. Thank you."

I have the same question now. Are these parts still available somewhere? Thank you!
Yes. Follow the instructions I listed up above for the other poster. They were looking for the same parts.

soongr53

#14 Post by soongr53 »

I have sent a email to CaroleVancedarfield@schuco-usa.com for the parts. But, I haven't got a reply yet. Thanks you!

Delaware Mike

#15 Post by Delaware Mike »

Dave, I've sent an email and some pictures to this homeowner regarding the parts that I have for him.