brand choices vinyl double hung windows in bucks county pa

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
melissapa79

brand choices vinyl double hung windows in bucks county pa

#1 Post by melissapa79 »

Hi
I'm getting 11 double hung vinyl windows replaced and I'm trying to decide which window will be my best option for quality and price. Anyone have any suggestions? Some of the brands the contractors mentioned are Simontion, Okna, Slocomb?
Any help would be appreciate it.
Thanks

HomeSealed

Re: brand choices vinyl double hung windows in bucks county pa

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Okna is one of the top performers available, so that would be my choice out of those options.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

I would agree with that as well HomeSealed.

Anthony is probably your guy. You certainly should give him a shot at the business.

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

HiMark, Okna, or Sunrise would be my preferred choices in vinyl.

We are actually installing one of the other brands, not the norm for us, you mentioned. Poor QC on 6 out of 18 units.

theWindowNerd....

Delaware Mike

#5 Post by Delaware Mike »

I've been very disappointed regarding their QC recently too. Not sure what's going on with them, nor do I have the time to deal with middlemen and factory reps? Last time I installed some Simonton 5500's I had to suck it up and fix all the little stuff on them so I could get paid as the project involved quite a bit of custom trim work. Along with some of the Plygem lines, Simonton is still one of the best contractor/homeowner available windows out there.

melissapa79

#6 Post by melissapa79 »

Hi
What is your option on this window. We received a great price but its for this window.
Slocomb ProTech 177 with low e.
http://slocombwindows.com/protech177.html

We have received quotes ranging from $4,000 to $5,800 for 11 double hung windows with grids and capping and installation. The Pro Tech was the cheapest at $4,000 for 11 windows.

The other company's that were in the $5,800 price range were dailey's windows in willow grove and a window made by northeast building supply or the Simontion 5500. I haven't had any other installer say any of the brands that you recommended. Have you heard of any of these?

Out of the brands you suggested do you know what the price range is for their windows?

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

It will be very challenging to find a quality window and install for under $500 per unit at bare minimum, especially in your area.
I'm not very familiar with that product, by my understanding is that it is a local/regional choice. I'm sure that the guys in your area can chime in with more direction on that.
Last edited by HomeSealed on Wed May 08, 2013 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Windows on Washington

#8 Post by Windows on Washington »

Don't know the window personally but the baseline data looks good.

I am always a bit worry of a company's sustainability, planning, or warranty when installed prices are sub-400 per unit.