Vista Windows vs B.F. Rich Windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
jpaul19

Vista Windows vs B.F. Rich Windows

#1 Post by jpaul19 »

I was leaning towards B.F. Rich R-6 windows but the dealer is trying to sell me Vista Windows. Can't find any real information about Vista windows. Which is the better window or can you suggest another very efficient window?

Thanks

HomeSealed

Re: Vista Windows vs B.F. Rich Windows

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Vista is fairly middle of the road, and while I'm not very familiar with the other choice, I believe that they fall into the same category.
Check out HiMark, Softlite Elements, and Sunrise Restorations as the top 3 performers. Polaris Ultraweld and and a few others are up there as well.

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

The HiMark 800dx or Okna 800 DX can both be great as an U.20.
The real difference is in draft( air infiltration), so be sure you see the AI test numbers for any window that you look at, the above are .01, which is excellent.

TheWindowNerd...

jpaul19

#4 Post by jpaul19 »

B.F. Rich has a 0.17 triple pane window R-6. I saw it in Insight Homes that put the windows in all their energy efficient homes.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

0.17 is nothing specific to them. There are tripe pane options at 0.15 that are available.

The question becomes at what point is Krypton less worth the investment over argon? You can get a triple pane argon at a U-Factor of 0.19 that is very cost effective.

The additional air tightness of that window I am thinking of at 0.19 will easily make it more efficient than the less air tight window at 0.17.

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. A U .17 with TP/krypton is fine, but as WoW mentioned the top products are getting .15, .16 with it, and sub .20 with argon. Air infiltration cannot be underestimated either. best products are getting .01 in double hung config.