Question on Andersen windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Canaligator

Question on Andersen windows

#1 Post by Canaligator »

Since I am having difficulty locating a Soft-Lite dealer, I am thinking of going with an Andersen 400 tilt wash double hung window. Is this a decent window? Is it better than the Jeld-Wen Siteline EX window? How does the Andersen compare to the Soft-Lite Imperial LS window? Thanks.

HomeSealed

Re: Question on Andersen windows

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Nice window, although the the Andersen and the Softlite are really not meant to compete and it is an apples and oranges comparison. The SL will have much better performance ratings, warranty, etc, and the Andersen will have a higher end look and feel. Depends on your priorities for the project.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

The 400 is a nice window and pretty well built.

If you can't locate Soft-Lite in your area, I would also look at Marvin or for one of the other well recommended vinyl brands.

Where is the home located?

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#4 Post by masterext »

The soft lite will have much better performance and structural numbers. As far as looks, the soft lite imperial will look just as nice in my opinion; looks are subjective though.
The tilt wash by andersen isnt the most ergonomic as far as tilting the window in for cleaning, some customers find it a bit cumbersome.
The woodwright is somewhat easier as well as nicer looking than the tilt wash.

Canaligator

#5 Post by Canaligator »

I am located in Massachusetts.

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

MA should have both Okna and Sunrise available to you.

TheWindowNerd

#7 Post by TheWindowNerd »

As mentioned the AW and SL are two different types of windows.
I do a lot of AW 400 WoodWright, which do tilt easier than the 400 TW. One of the major difference to the WDH and TW is that the WDH is all composite on the exterior, much better window than the TW.
Aesthetics aside the HiMark 800 DX is a better performing window and on average is $200 less than a WDH, both being done as full frame/full tear.

theWindowNerd...