Energy Star Rated

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Condolady

Energy Star Rated

#1 Post by Condolady »

I am interested in both the infinity and soft-lite elements or Ls. I am really leaning towards infinity for looks and solid lasting ability from what I hear.
I have heard over and over here if you want looks go infinity , if you want preformance go softlite. I saw a castle window which Is softlite so they say. Very "vinyl looking". I haven't seen marvin infinity yet . Will next week. I know statistically speaking Soft lite has better "numbers." But in "REAL LIFE" situations has anyone really complained about the preformance of either? I know I have seen complaints on almost all windows and I hear say it is due to the installation,especially on the "better windows". But they ARE all energy rated. Can anyone prove to any extent one would save more heating or cooling one over the other? (talking about softlite elements vs. marvin infinity-top lines)Statistically yes, but once the windows are in we are dealing with "REAL LIFE". I have heard how fabulous infinity is and softlite too, but they are all considered Energy Star rated. How much MORE can you save in heating or cooling pitting one over the other in "REAL LIFE SITUATIONS"?? There are so many variables.

Windows on Washington

Re: Energy Star Rated

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

There is much, much more to a window than just the numerical performance comparison.

Real life conditions are much harsher than laboratory.

Things like air infiltration and build quality are huge difference maker in the real world.