sunrise versus simonton vinyl replacement window

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
franpb

sunrise versus simonton vinyl replacement window

#1 Post by franpb »

How does a Simonton Vantage Pointe 6100 vinyl replacement window (HomeDepot) compare with a Sunrise essential window (respected local company)? Both quotes are about $7100 for 10 double hung and 2 picture windows. I live in New Rochelle, NY. Thanks

HomeSealed

Re: sunrise versus simonton vinyl replacement window

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Each of those product lines are one level lower than what I'd recommend from their respective manufacturers. Look at the Sunrise base model (at least, I prefer the Vanguard/Restorations), and the Simonton 5500. The 6500 is the same model just offered by HD, but I would highly recommend contacting a local window firm as opposed to a box store if you like that product. Of the two, I'd say that the Sunrise is a few steps better. Slimmer lines, superior performance. You could also look at Softlite Elements and Okna Himark which should be available in your area as well. In your price range, you should be able to get a good product.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

I would say to expand your search to include some more well regarded options.

randy

#4 Post by randy »

I agree and would add that the Sunrise Essentials is a budget window designed to compete with the Window World segment. I'm concerned that some contractors are using the great reputation that Sunrise enjoys to sell their lowest end product as better than it is. If it's a flip or rent house, the Essentials might suffice. For anything else I'd stick with the Vanguard or Restorations.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#5 Post by masterext »

randy wrote:I agree and would add that the Sunrise Essentials is a budget window designed to compete with the Window World segment. I'm concerned that some contractors are using the great reputation that Sunrise enjoys to sell their lowest end product as better than it is. If it's a flip or rent house, the Essentials might suffice. For anything else I'd stick with the Vanguard or Restorations.
Well said Randy.

Delaware Mike

#6 Post by Delaware Mike »

I've installed all of the various series of Sunrise products and have to agree the other Pros regarding the Essentials series. I've only used them in a garage or attic application. Without knowing anything about the installation details that pricing might be a little high also.

fridge2020

#7 Post by fridge2020 »

I prefer the Sunrise lines. Much prettier.