Help! Replacement windows Waukesha WI

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
mannefresh

Help! Replacement windows Waukesha WI

#1 Post by mannefresh »

Ok, so I replacing my windows was not even on my radar, but a guy came to my door and pointed out the flaws, and now I'm really considering pulling the trigger. The problem is, I have had 2 quotes so far and I can't believe the price difference, especially since the window look pretty much the same to me. Is there really that big of a difference in quality? The expensive one was a window called Sunrise, and the cheap one was called Berkshire. Any opinions would be great.
TIA

Windows on Washington

Re: Help! Replacement windows Waukesha WI

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

One guy you need to talk to about windows and he is in your backyard...HomeSealed.

You can find him right here and click on his name.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5907

The Sunrise window is definitely the more premium of those two windows listed. One of them I would put in my home and one I would not. I will let that speak volumes.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#3 Post by masterext »

I agree, HomeSealed is a true professional and runs one of the best installation teams you will ever see.

randy

#4 Post by randy »

You won't find a better guy to do business with than HomeSealed.

Delaware Mike

#5 Post by Delaware Mike »

Not a fan of the Berkshire if it's the series that I'm thinking of which explains it's pricing. Some Sunrise dealers can be a bit pricey. Might be worth taking a look at OKNA or Polaris. Homesealed/Brandon is one of the best in the business and you would do yourself an injustice by not contacting him if he services your area.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#6 Post by Window4U (IL) »

I'm pretty sure the Berkshire is just a re-branded Alside Excalibur. :?
The guy Homesealed that is being recommended has much better windows, Okna-HiMark for example. I would contact him by clicking on the 'Quote' button in his profile. I'm sure you will be happy you did.

mannefresh

#7 Post by mannefresh »

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll contact Homesealed.
I am still considering the sunrise though. I have 12 windows in my home and my quote was over $13000. From my reading on here, that sounds a little high, no? It's a pretty basic job (I think), beige windows in and out. Also, is triple pane glass worth it? That quote includes triple pane, but I'm not sure what the discount would be to do down to double pane.