Debating between VinylKraft Legacy doublehung or WindowWorld

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Hoakiebs

Debating between VinylKraft Legacy doublehung or WindowWorld

#1 Post by Hoakiebs »

4000 series double hung with Low-e and argon.
I don't see VinylKraft as a company in the Window Reviews section--are they a subsidiary of another company or too low volume to make the list?

Who makes window world windows?
Which window do you think is better? I live in a $180,000 - $200,000 neighborhood and don't think it is necessary to buy top of the line. I have cracks and uneveness in the orignal wood single pane windows that are probably not the most energy efficient and make it very difficult to open many of the windows. I plan to gain about half of the $95/month back in energy savings and we haven't been able to open the other windows for ages. Looking forward to being able to clean the windows from inside.

Has anyone in Richmond, VA had experience with Elite Window Solutions?

WindowWorld?

Which would you recommend?
Last edited by Hoakiebs on Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Debating between VinylKraft Legacy doublehung or WindowWorld

#2 Post by masterext »

You are going to be doing yourself some harm by looking at windows just beacuse they are cheap. Just because 2 windows have lowE and argon doesnt make them even close.
I dont care how good of a deal you think you are getting, you are going to be spending more than double that when you want to replace them. Use common sense. Why is a certain company so cheap????? Think about that.