How thick is the glass?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
ak74

How thick is the glass?

#1 Post by ak74 »

I am trying to find how thick is the glass in the Amerimax 9000 Series windows and LBL 3000 Series windows. I searched the web, but can find this info. Does anyone know?

Thanks.
-Alex

Oberon

#2 Post by Oberon »

Interesting question - may I ask why you need that information? Simply my curiousity.

ak74

#3 Post by ak74 »

Oberon wrote:Interesting question - may I ask why you need that information? Simply my curiousity.
Amerimax salesman is claiming that Amerimax has 4mm glass panes and LBL has 3mm glass panes (after posting this message I actually did find the 3mm info on LBL's web site). I have airplanes from SFO flying over the house quite frequently, so I was thinking that 4mm glass panes could provide better sound proofing, but I could be completely wrong.

Oberon

#4 Post by Oberon »

It may be true that one company uses 4mm and the other 3mm, but in real life there is no difference in sound between the two. While much thicker glass will make a differnce in sound performance versus thinner glass, in this case there isn't any. Sorry.