Condensation inside Andersen Window

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Sweet Lew

Condensation inside Andersen Window

#1 Post by Sweet Lew »

Greetings All!

Been a while since I've been on here, but I've got a question for y'all. I've got a large window config made up of 3 tall windows (casement-picture-casement) and a picture window spanning across the 3 above. A few years ago 3 of the four windows had the lost gas issue that caused the outside pane to bow in. I had an installer from Andersen's list come out and perform their "fix" by drilling a small hole in the glass to relieve the pressure. Fast forward to this morning. It was in the low 20s and noticed condensation buildup from what looked like inside one of the picture windows. Upon closer inspection it looked like it was starting from that hole that was drilled. I called Andersen and since the window is out of warranty (Manufactured in '91) I'm S.O.L.

So my question is, why all of the sudden would condensation start 2-3 years later? Can this wait until Spring to get replaced?

Thanks,

Lew

Sweet Lew

Re: Condensation inside Andersen Window

#2 Post by Sweet Lew »

OH....And I just read this thread from October:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5943

I'm PRETTY sure it's not external condensation. :mrgreen:

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

The supremely low temps coupled with higher humidity levels could create that issue.

If the windows are over 20 years old, you are probably well suited to not invest any additional money and start looking at replacements.

Have you tried Window4U?

Sweet Lew

#4 Post by Sweet Lew »

Windows on Washington wrote:The supremely low temps coupled with higher humidity levels could create that issue.

If the windows are over 20 years old, you are probably well suited to not invest any additional money and start looking at replacements.

Have you tried Window4U?
Thanks for the reply. I was fearing that was going to be the answer. :cry:

Dave has already installed OKNA 700 casements in my house! These were the remaining "good" windows on the first floor. Looks like it's time to give him a call after I get my tax return.

Thanks,

Lew

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but at least you have Dave.

:D :D

Sweet Lew

#6 Post by Sweet Lew »

:evil:

:mrgreen: