Intercept or Super Spacer – Southeast Climate?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
ctnj

Intercept or Super Spacer – Southeast Climate?

#1 Post by ctnj »

Got my pricing update yesterday on Soft-Lite Imperial LS. I had asked about the super spacer and was advised that the addition of the Super Spacer and Solar Low-E would tack on approx. $25/window. He indicated in our climate, this was more than we’d need, but of course happy to add to the package. Can someone give me more info?

Pricing for the standard Double Pane with Intercept Spacer, Low E, Argon Gas, double coated, etc. fully installed $478/window.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Intercept or Super Spacer – Southeast Climate?

#2 Post by masterext »

Hands down, go with Super Spacer. contrary to what some may tell you, Intercept is actually a " tin plated spacer" and NOT stainless steel.
Super spacer is very good as is Duralite. Anytime a window had a seal failure with me years ago, it was always something with Intercept. Its an old technology.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

Crazy good pricing and I agree with masterext on the spacer upgrade.

Sounds like a nice set up.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

I'd tend to agree with Masterext. Regardless of your climate, I prefer either a composite or stainless spacer as superior options. The cost to upgrade is fairly minimal.

ctnj

#5 Post by ctnj »

Thank you for your help!