Softlite LS problems

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Condolady

Softlite LS problems

#1 Post by Condolady »

I got Softlite LS triple pane and with all the bells and whistles. I mentioned on this Board that my installer did not insulate with foam around the windows, well it seemd to work out fine in that department without the added insulation around the windows for when this "Polar Vortex" as they called it rolled into town, suddenly the outside temperature was 14 degrees and the inside window sill was 76 degrees.( I have and indoor /outdoor digital wireless thermometer). It went down the next day to 4 degreees outside and was 72 degrees on the window sill.(Wind chills were much lower)
BUT I noticed the next day one of the new windows cracked (top)in the living room and I noticed the bottom window something is popping out of the spacer.
I Called up Morningstar(where I got my windows) and they will replace them.He said to check all the windows. We waited, for the weather forecaster said that after this "Polar Vortex" leaves it will get in the 50's and maybe 60's(abnormally high for this time of year in New York), a real test for the windows with these extreme rapid temperature changes. He said that windows nowadays are mechanically made and sometimes (one in a thousand) a defective window is made.
OK. But I also noticed on another window, that one of these super spacers, one of the spacer strips(There are two) one of the spacer strips seem to be higher than the other spacer strip(remember I have triple pane). Is that a defect also?? It is not in alignment with the other spacer strip. It is a bit higher.
All the other windows are fine..
Let me know please, I would appreciate and unbiased opinion here and on this and the whole situation..Thanks! Other wise love the windows.

Windows on Washington

Re: Softlite LS problems

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

There are certain allowable tolerances for spacer placement. They will not always line up perfectly and there is a bit of human input here so there can be variances.

The spacer failure (sounds like what it is) is a covered warranty repair.