Help Comparing Quotes

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
randy

Re: Help Comparing Quotes

#16 Post by randy »

Sunrise is a Michigan based company worth considering. You might also find an Okna or Hi-Mark dealer. Both make premium grade vinyl windows.

Windows on Washington

#17 Post by Windows on Washington »

randy wrote:Sunrise is a Michigan based company worth considering. You might also find an Okna or Hi-Mark dealer. Both make premium grade vinyl windows.
+1 to this advice and the other advice in this thread has application value.

fenestra

#18 Post by fenestra »

Happy triple pane buyer chiming in. I live just outside Chicago and today is a balmy 7 degrees with lots of wind. We installed tp in our home in August of this year, so this winter has been a good test for the tp's. We installed DP's in our basement. The DPs are running around 9 degrees colder than the TP's.

Todays inside glass temps are 55 - 60 while the outside glass temps are 1 - 5. Old single pane french door with storm door is 45 and the single pane on the old front door with no storm is 34. These are my real world numbers using in infrared thermometer.

Right now the furnace is cycling down from a short blast to 72 back to 68 during the day. The furnace has not run for about an hour (45 year old 80% NG forced air, poor insulation in the walls). So a couple of my windows are actually warmer than surrounding walls. Nice.

Running furnace warmer this winter, first estimated gas bill was actually higher than actual usage. Yeah.

Would I buy TP again, so far absolutely. Should have put TP in the basement as well.

Windows on Washington

#19 Post by Windows on Washington »

Great feedback.

Thanks for updating us about your window project and decisions.

Hurry up and Air Seal and insulate the home (Spray foam those ribbon/band board areas) and it will help even more.

s2israw

#20 Post by s2israw »

fenestra wrote:Happy triple pane buyer chiming in. I live just outside Chicago and today is a balmy 7 degrees with lots of wind. We installed tp in our home in August of this year, so this winter has been a good test for the tp's. We installed DP's in our basement. The DPs are running around 9 degrees colder than the TP's.

Todays inside glass temps are 55 - 60 while the outside glass temps are 1 - 5. Old single pane french door with storm door is 45 and the single pane on the old front door with no storm is 34. These are my real world numbers using in infrared thermometer.

Right now the furnace is cycling down from a short blast to 72 back to 68 during the day. The furnace has not run for about an hour (45 year old 80% NG forced air, poor insulation in the walls). So a couple of my windows are actually warmer than surrounding walls. Nice.

Running furnace warmer this winter, first estimated gas bill was actually higher than actual usage. Yeah.

Would I buy TP again, so far absolutely. Should have put TP in the basement as well.
What windows did you buy?

fenestra

#21 Post by fenestra »

"What windows did you buy?"

We installed Okna Himark (800DX). It was a tough choice between the Starmark and the 800's.

fridge2020

#22 Post by fridge2020 »

Solid choice.