Energy Smart Supreme vs Energy Smart Supreme 2

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
paramom3

Energy Smart Supreme vs Energy Smart Supreme 2

#1 Post by paramom3 »

Hi Guys,

I'm seeing two glass options in the Polaris (Ultraweld) brochure.

Energy Smart Supreme's diagram lists (starting from the outdoors side of the window):

Outdoors, Clear Glass, Argon Gas, SB60 Low e

Energy Smart Supreme 2 lists:

Outdoors, SB Low e, Argon Gas, Clear Glass

The salesman told me they can sometimes get the Supreme 2 at the same price as the Supreme (but on my quote it doesn't list which glass package).

What makes the Supreme 2 better?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

HomeSealed

Re: Energy Smart Supreme vs Energy Smart Supreme 2

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

The base Supreme is clear glass, the Supreme 2 is the base low e and argon double pane. That is what you want at minimum.
What brochure are you looking at? I just looked in the UW brochure and couldn't find the verbiage that you quoted.
Personally, I'd like to see you upgrade at least to the stainless spacer, if not to a triple pane or heat mirror package depending on your location.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

Based on location, I would think that triple pane would be a definite must.

paramom3

#4 Post by paramom3 »

Well this is interesting. After looking more closely at the brochure, it is actually not from Polaris. It appears to be put together by the company who gave us the quote. It refers to the window as "UltraWeld" by Polaris. There is a "chart" on the back page which lists 4 options for double-pane as follows:

energySmart (standard): Outside, clear glass, SPACER - air space, clear glass
energySmart XL: Outside, clear glass, SPACER - argon gas, SB70XL Low e glass
energySmart SUPREME: Outside, clear glass, SPACER - argon gas, SB60 Low e glass
energySmart Supreme 2: Outside, SB60 Low e glass, SPACER - argon gas, clear glass

I was told it their windows are option #3.....but "sometimes" they can get option #4 for the same price. When he wrote the quote, he didn't specify which glass package.

The "chart" for triple pane is as follows:
energySmart ULTIMATE: Outside, clear glass, SPACER - argon gas, SB60 Low e glass, SPACER - argon gas, SB60 Low e glass
energySmart ULTIMATE 2: Outside, SB60 Low e glass, SPACER - argon gas, SB60 Low e glass, SPACER - argon gas, clear glass
energySmart ULTIMATE PLUS: Outside, clear glass, SPACER - krypton gas, SB60 Low e glass, SPACER - krypton gas, SB60 Low e glass
energySmart ULTIMATE PLUS 2: Outside, SB60 Low e glass, SPACER - krypton gas, SB60 Low e glass, SPACER - Krypton gas, clear glass

Do you think they're trying to sell something that's NOT Polaris UltraWeld? He specifically told me that's all they sell because they believe in them so much. ????

paramom3

#5 Post by paramom3 »

I was told THAT their windows were option #3.....not IT their windows are option #3

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

I am not sure the Krypton gas option is worth it in many cases. Krypton gas is really expensive these days and usually drives the cost of a triple pane Krypton package through the roof.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#7 Post by masterext »

Agree, a solid window with argon should suffice.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#8 Post by masterext »

Polaris came out with a new window called " energy wall", a solid window and totally different from the Ultraweld.