Starmark

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
s2israw

Starmark

#1 Post by s2israw »

I was looking at Okna windows and when I asked for a local rep I was put in contact with a local company. They came out to show their windows today and were offering Starmark windows. On the Okna website I see their 400, 500, and 800 series windows. I searched and found Starmark but their website was not very informative. Is this a good window? The company couldn't answer most of my questions about the windows so I am not sure what to think. I am replacing 30 windows so I am waiting to see what their quote is, but I am not sure what it is they are quoting me since I can't seem to find any information.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Starmark

#2 Post by masterext »

Yes, starmark is made by okna but has a separate website. What questions do you have?

s2israw

#3 Post by s2israw »

masterext wrote:Yes, starmark is made by okna but has a separate website. What questions do you have?
Any and all window specs ranging from AI to VT, SHGC, U-factor. The sales person didn't have any of that. Makes me question the company doing the install a little, but I just don't know what I am getting if I buy their windows. Also, is there a website that actually has any of this information on it? Their website is pretty sad.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Are you looking at double or triple pane?

Grids or no grids?

Double Pane - Argon: http://search.nfrc.org/search/cpd/cpd_s ... 0001-00001

Triple Pane - Argon: http://search.nfrc.org/search/cpd/cpd_s ... 0002-00001

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

Did they provide you a brochure? Most of those ratings are listed in the brochure... It is an excellent product, but you might want to contact that company and ask to speak with someone who is better informed... Or find a different vendor for the product.

s2israw

#6 Post by s2israw »

HomeSealed wrote:Did they provide you a brochure? Most of those ratings are listed in the brochure... It is an excellent product, but you might want to contact that company and ask to speak with someone who is better informed... Or find a different vendor for the product.
All I got from them was a brochure saying why Starmark. The link WoW provided gives me an idea of what they windows are like. They are coming back with someone who supposedly knows more next week so I will see if I can get more information.

I am not sure if there are other vendors in our area. I contacted Okna and this was the company they put me in touch with.

Delaware Mike

#7 Post by Delaware Mike »

Great window! If I were working for that dealer I'd go out of my way to remember, and have it's performance stats on something I could give to my perspective homeowners. It's typically the other way around. When a window doesn't have impressive ratings and performance numbers they tend to pussyfoot around that information.

HomeSealed

#8 Post by HomeSealed »

Hopefully it was just a new rep or something along those lines. Id give them the benefit of the doubt once.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#9 Post by Window4U (IL) »

The Starmark is a great choice, especially if you need a wood look as they are stainable. They have a great option on triple pane too. The triple pane option with the argon package (XR11) is priced nicely and you can get a .17 U-Factor without having to buy the more expensive krypton gas option. That gives you one of the most energy efficient windows on the market at a nice price. U-.17 SHGC.24 VT.40 CR75 AI.05
You should look at the Okna/HiMark 800 too, especially if you don't need a stained finish.

HomeSealed

#10 Post by HomeSealed »

That XR11 is an EXCELLENT package in the double hungs and sliders... Just not available in the casements for consumer reference.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#11 Post by masterext »

I just did a starmark job with xr11 glass package. The customer was absolutely thrilled with how air tight the window was.

s2israw

#12 Post by s2israw »

Window4U (IL) wrote:The Starmark is a great choice, especially if you need a wood look as they are stainable. They have a great option on triple pane too. The triple pane option with the argon package (XR11) is priced nicely and you can get a .17 U-Factor without having to buy the more expensive krypton gas option. That gives you one of the most energy efficient windows on the market at a nice price. U-.17 SHGC.24 VT.40 CR75 AI.05
You should look at the Okna/HiMark 800 too, especially if you don't need a stained finish.
I was looking at the 800 and when I contacted Okna they sent me to this company which only sells Starmark. Haven't found a dealer for the 800 in the Grand Rapids area yet.

HomeSealed

#13 Post by HomeSealed »

If Okna ships product there, somebody will sell the 800. Either there is another dealer in the area (Starmark and Okna dealers are often divided), or the Starmark guy can sell the 800... At least that is how it typically works. Dealer territories are typically the only thing that would preclude him to sell it.

Ricknez

#14 Post by Ricknez »

Dont see it on the site, does starmark offer a patio door?

HomeSealed

#15 Post by HomeSealed »

The door that is sold with Starmark is the Okna vinyl sliding door. There is no composite door at this time.