Okna or Soft-Lite?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
rzmwindow

Okna or Soft-Lite?

#1 Post by rzmwindow »

Hello,
I'm down to two companies, Okna and Soft-Lite for replacement windows. From what I read they should be comparable price wise, but that's not what I have found. Comparing Okna 800, TP vs. Soft-Lite Elements TP I get an ~$4500 difference. Any thoughts? Is the Elements worth the extra $4500?

Thanks,
Mich

TheWindowNerd

Re: Okna or Soft-Lite?

#2 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I have a strong opinion on that one. Not.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

Not a chance Lance.

Those two windows are equally matched with most people given the aesthetic nod to the Okna 800 in this case.

Win...Win for you in the case.

:D

randy

#4 Post by randy »

:shock: The Soft-lite dealer is either way over-priced or the Okna dealer is way under-priced. Makes me wonder if one of them has made a mistake in the quote.

rzmwindow

#5 Post by rzmwindow »

Thanks for the quick reply. I've double checked on both fronts, prices are confirmed. I think the Soft-Lite is way over priced based on what I've read pricing should be. Doesn't help that they are the only rep. for the area, therefore no way to shop around.

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

Two of the absolute top performing products on the market, you can't go wrong either way. The okna has slightly slimmer lines ( more glass area) and most folks say it is prettier, so I'd give it a slight edge. At the price difference, it sounds like a no-brainer.

Pinex

#7 Post by Pinex »

I was down to these 2 brands myself but i am leaning towards the Okna 800 series.
I do like the magnetic seal but for me, it came down to aesthetics and the overall structural integrity the window seems to have; it just seems very well built.
Being a 54 year old engineer,i was in research overkill mode. I must have viewed the window 4 different times.
The Elements was very impressive as well but in the end i think Okna has a slight edge in looks.
One small factor i considered, the okna brand was recommended to me through someone at our church. He had his windows installed in 2009 and recently had a minor issue with the window and Okna quickly took care of it. That gives me faith in their warranty.

TheWindowNerd

#8 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I use the 800DX a lot and every one loves it.
Okna is good about parts and service.
Last edited by TheWindowNerd on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Windows on Washington

#9 Post by Windows on Washington »

You lucked out.

Between your engineer's brain and the personal recommendation of a Church member, you got some very good vetting in there.

Unfortunately, many people don't have the benefit of your critical analysis given your professional background.

Comments like yours and feedback do help others make important and measured decisions on windows so thank you for your feedback.

Pinex

#10 Post by Pinex »

My pleasure windows on washington. I actually learned quite a bit from this site and between my references, my engineering background, and expertise on behalf of the pro's here, i am convinced my decision to go with okna is both safe and sound.

Windows on Washington

#11 Post by Windows on Washington »

Awesome.

Be sure to post up some before and after pictures if you can.