AMI window and vista window

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
tom77

Re: AMI window and vista window

#16 Post by tom77 »

I listen to you guys and I appreciate all your input. I am a jack of all trades and a master of none. I have installed twenty windows in two houses myself double hung and picture windows. I saw how a so called professional installed my windows and that company is out of business. My windows were state of the art back in the 80's block and tackle system. the windows are still tight but only have half inch space between panes.
I would love to get quotes on better quality windows but they are not sold on the Island and Okna I am trying to get another quote from another contractor. I still have not seen the simonton window that I could buy and put in. The premium windows are not sold to the homeowner. I can tell you that the window world 4000 and 6000 series window is better then the alside mezzo and it does have a .04 air infiltration.This is a new window put out by them, there previous windows were junk. The government is putting tighter restrictions on windows. I wish I had one of the contractors that write on this board in my area. The contractor that i choose providing i don't install the windows myself will be putting in the windows the way they should be based on what I no.

Buddy come down to Long Island

tom77

#17 Post by tom77 »

Fridge 2020 and to all the contractors, how many of you install the windows yourself or have your employees install the windows.The contractor or Company I choose to do anything on my house. I will personally ask to see the crew in action doing a job. I am retired and have all the time in the world. I will be on top of anybody who does work on my house from start to finish. I am the type of guy who needs to no as much about the project as the guy doing the work.

HomeSealed

#18 Post by HomeSealed »

Tom,
1) The government is not putting tighter restrictions on windows. I assume that you are talking about the new Energy Star certification ratings? Next year that is set to move to .27 u factor in the northern region, however it has already had its implemetation delayed and may be further delayed and/or loosened
2) The Alside Mezzo is the new and updated Excalibur. Aka, WW4000. Its all the same.

randy

#19 Post by randy »

I am retired and have all the time in the world. I will be on top of anybody who does work on my house from start to finish.
I'd make sure you let the contractors who are bidding on the work know this so that they can adjust their pricing accordingly, or withdraw from the bidding process completely. While some contractors don't mind a customer bird dogging them all over the job, others will get annoyed which could sour the relationship.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#20 Post by masterext »

randy wrote:
I am retired and have all the time in the world. I will be on top of anybody who does work on my house from start to finish.

I agree with what my buddy Randy said. No professional contractor would ever take on a job where the customer would resort to such conduct. You will probably be charged double if you plan on doing what you say. I would never subject my workers to such a stressful work environment.