Hayfield Casement Windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
tubaphysics

Hayfield Casement Windows

#1 Post by tubaphysics »

I am putting new windows in my home. One of the contractors that I am getting bids from uses Hayfield windows. I am not able to find much on Hayfield windows so was hoping that someone on here would have some experience with them. We have a lot of windows in our house, so I am wanting to make sure that my $30,000 investment is a good one. The current windows are Anderson casements that are 35 years old and they need to go.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

Re: Hayfield Casement Windows

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

In Illinois in my area, Richards Building Supply is where contractors go to buy Hayfield. Hayfield makes wood and vinyl casements. I may be too picky, but both are nothing I'd brag about from the inspections I did of the window displays at Richards. The casements only have two weatherstrip points, a rubber sweep seal on the outside of the sash, and a hollow bulb seal in further. I looked at the drawings on their website to make sure I had this correct. Their AI ratings are real good but whether they stay good is contingent on the quality of the weatherstripping as is always the case. I suggest you closely inspect it before buying to see if you are satisfied with it.
Hayfield's warranty, at least the glass portion of it is not the greatest when compared to most window warranties we see. They only have a 20 year glass warranty and it's only covered 100% for 10 years. Years 11-20 you have to pay for 50% of the cost of the glass.
I would suggest looking at a few other brands before making a decision. If you can tell us the area you are in we will be happy to suggest some brands for you to compare this with so that you can be confident in your decision.

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

The ten year full seal failure warranty is of concern. Normally this is the 1st thing we see go on a lower quality product.

If Dave at Window4U is in your area you would be wise to contact them through the "get a quote" button near his ID. A super great highly experienced ( old dog) that has a great stable of products to meet your needs.

theWindowNerd...

tubaphysics

#4 Post by tubaphysics »

We are in NE Iowa. The contractor that I have been talking with has been using Hayfield for 20 years as their main replacement window. For remodels or additions they will use what the existing windows are so that they match. I am worried about Anderson as the ones we have are garbage and Pella will break the budget.