Ply Gem Contractor Series and Sunrise essentials

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
GGCURRY

Ply Gem Contractor Series and Sunrise essentials

#1 Post by GGCURRY »

Hello,

I am newbie and trying to get some fair and unbiased information on replacement windows. The property in question is a rental property and had to quotes in which one is suggesting the Ply Gem Contractor Series and the other one is suggesting the Sunrise Essentials. I want to purchase a quality window at a resonable price and do not want to purchase garbage. Would appreciate any feedback on these windows and any other advice or suggestions on other window products.

Thanks!

Lost in Michigan

HomeSealed

Re: Ply Gem Contractor Series and Sunrise essentials

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Both are "builder grade" IMO. I'd upgrade to the baseline Sunrise. Good window without too many bells and whistles for your investment property.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#3 Post by masterext »

By builders grade, we mean junk. Upgrade to the regular sunrise as mentioned.

GGCURRY

#4 Post by GGCURRY »

When mentioning regular or baseline sunrise, is that the essential or another sunrise product?

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#5 Post by masterext »

Essentials is garbage.

GGCURRY

#6 Post by GGCURRY »

Thanks for the info! Does anybody know where I can find a good contractor around the Detroit area?

Thanks!

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

For clarification, the base Sunrise is called only "Sunrise". The Essentials is a price point model below that... For a contractor you could reach out to the manufacturer for a referral. I don't believe that we have any Detroit pros in the community here... although I believe that you can inquire here on the site about that.