MI Windows & Doors

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Pointedstick

MI Windows & Doors

#1 Post by Pointedstick »

Are these any good? They seem to be very popular in my neck of the woods of New Mexico. Their performance numbers seem pretty good, and I have some family members who replaced some old aluminum single-pane windows with MI's offerings a few years ago and have been very happy with them. What do the experts here think? Good design? Good longevity? Piles of crap?

Windows on Washington

Re: MI Windows & Doors

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

First in here...!!!

Waiting on Masterext's response. :lol: :lol:

They aren't regarded as good. That much I can tell you.

randy

#3 Post by randy »

A pile of.................well let's just say there are much better windows out there.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#4 Post by masterext »

MI Windows are complete garbage in my opinion. High air leakage rate and very flimsy designed; and i'm taking about their alleged better window. Total junk.
Be careful, MI also goes by the name cutting edge, bryn mawr, 1650 and 1450 series, as well as Xact ..

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

I can't disagree with the other pros. They have some nice features that are normally found on higher end units, but it really amounts to lipstick on a pig. If I remember correctly, the 1650 double hung which is the primary vinyl offering has an air infiltration rating of .2+.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#6 Post by masterext »

HomeSealed wrote:I can't disagree with the other pros. They have some nice features that are normally found on higher end units, but it really amounts to lipstick on a pig. If I remember correctly, the 1650 double hung which is the primary vinyl offering has an air infiltration rating of .2+.
Wow !!!! An air infiltration rate of .2 is crazy high. When a window is poorly designed, thats what happens.