Spare parts for White Corona 4000 series Schuco windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
ELowry

Spare parts for White Corona 4000 series Schuco windows

#1 Post by ELowry »

I am looking for the pivot bar- part number printed on the item is 6221. It is mounted on the bottom of the window. These windows were installed over 10 years ago and up until now have been great. Really need to replace this as I cannot open the bottom of the double hung set on this window. I have called 908 813 9524 in Connecticut and they are having trouble finding the part. Have pictures. Not sure how to insert here.

Windows on Washington

Re: Spare parts for White Corona 4000 series Schuco windows

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Paging Window4U...

Delaware Mike

#3 Post by Delaware Mike »

I should have some.

ELowry

#4 Post by ELowry »

Actually from an old posting from Windows 4 U there was an email address posted there.
I wrote to her and am told the parts are in the mail free of charge via UPS on Monday.

Will just have to see if they are indeed the correct parts. I will be back here if not.
Thanks everyone!

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

There you go.

Good dude.

raymond_w_wt

#6 Post by raymond_w_wt »

Hi,
I am looking the same part, pivot bar 6221. Can someone one help? I do have pictures, but don't know how to attach them.
Thanks

Delaware Mike

#7 Post by Delaware Mike »

Hi Raymond. You came to the right place where us window nerds all hang out. Those Schuco Corona 4000 double hung pivot bars mechanically attach to the bottom of the sashes via (3) self tapping small phillips screws. One has to just tilt the sash, rack it to release one side first then sort of work the opposing pivot bar out of the balance shoe. The last few turns of your screwdriver might need a little help from a small prying device or needle nose pliers as the self tappers get a little stuck towards the very end of their removal process.

I have extras in my Schuco service kit, but you should be able to call Carol VanCedarfeld at Schuco 860-666-0505 to get some sent out free of charge. Let me know if you have any other questions or problems with these.

DM

raymond_w_wt

#8 Post by raymond_w_wt »

Thank you DM. Will call tomorrow

ShucoFan

#9 Post by ShucoFan »

Hi All,

Longtime Schuco fan here, in fact this forum led me to purchase Schuco windows a long time ago.

I am sorry to bring up a old thread, but I am hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction.

I know Schuco shutdown it's US business. I was disappointed, as I thought they made a great product.

Here we are 10+ years later, and my 20+ Schuco's are doing quite well with the exception of one lower sash.

See the pictures - it looks like one of the seals has given way. Is there any way to fix this?

I am attaching the measurement sticker from 10+ years ago - I am told this is a pretty common size. Do you think there's a chance of finding this sash anywhere?

These were triple panes, but obviously as this point I would take a double too to fix this problem. I would obviously purchase any sash anyone had that would fit.

Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated. Fortunately this is the only sash out of 20+ windows doing this.

Chris

Windows on Washington

#10 Post by Windows on Washington »

I doubt you are going to find a full sash.

I think you best bet is going to be to get the window sash re-glazed on the upper and lower sash with a new triple glazed IGU.

You need to figure out what the IGU spacing (i.e. thickness) is.

ShucoFan

#11 Post by ShucoFan »

Thanks for the reply, do you happen to know what type of shop might be able to re-glaze?

I am in CT, which is where Schuco's headquarters were, but of course I guess that doesn't mean much now :)

I appreciate the help.

Chris

Delaware Mike

#12 Post by Delaware Mike »

All of the glass shops in my area tend to make up IGU's in-house with very old box channel aluminum spacers with plastic corner keys and don't give an option for low-e and argon/krypton. I guess some can outsource as needed. I'd look towards a building supply house that sells windows. Black Duralite spacer would match up somewhat well with the current look of the black TPS spacer, however most supply house windows such as MI are using gray Duralite.

If you want a 100% OEM spacer you may want to contact North East Building Supply out of Philly, PA. They're bringing in that tech to their new lines from what I was told and should have dealers up your way for you to contact about making and selling you two IGU's. Carol over at Schuco USA can give you the IGU thickness and tip to tip glass size plus the grid width for a perfect match.

Windows on Washington

#13 Post by Windows on Washington »

Mike...do you have Carol's or Shuco USA's information?

Might be good to bookmark that for future inquiries.

Delaware Mike

#14 Post by Delaware Mike »

Carol VanCedarfield (last name spelling might be slightly off) 860-666-0505 at Schuco USA.

ShucoFan

#15 Post by ShucoFan »

Thank you both! I was in contact with Carole (who is awesome by the way, very helpful) and she advised to contact two glass shops in my area - Manchester Glass in Manchester, CT and Capitol Glass in West Hartford, CT. I will check and see what they have to offer. I should be able to tell right away if they've done this before by their reaction to my issue. :)

Please don't laugh, but I couldn't just drill small drain holes at the bottom of the seal and call it a day, could I?

Chris