Spare parts for White Corona 4000 series Schuco windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Windows on Washington

Re: Spare parts for White Corona 4000 series Schuco windows

#16 Post by Windows on Washington »

The IGU would be compromised at that point and you would likely have condensation issues that would be reactive with the Low-e.

It will need to be fixed at some point.

ShucoFan

#17 Post by ShucoFan »

Thanks a lot for all your help and replies.

You are right - the glass companies are still using outdated aluminum spacers and the glass will be very basic. Such a bummer, but I guess I should stop complaining and be thankful the entire window doesn't have to be replaced.

With the cold temperatures right now, I will wait until Spring to have the work done, but I'll keep you posted on how things go. Carole at Schuco has been awesome.

Chris

Windows on Washington

#18 Post by Windows on Washington »

Depending on how cold it gets, you might see that outer chamber freeze up.

HomeSealed

#19 Post by HomeSealed »

I'd keep searching for superior glass. Perhaps the original installer has a new line that he/she can source glass from? I've also special ordered glass from local supplier with Low e, argon, and composite spacer. Even Cardinal glass with a stainless spacer, while a different look, would be a nice option and is pretty readily available.

ShucoFan

#20 Post by ShucoFan »

I totally agree HomeSealed, if I give the measurements to someone in the trade they should be able to make me a triple pane glass pack with a decent spacer in it. I would much prefer that over an aluminum spacer with cheap glass.

If you guys know of anyone who would be willing to do that, I have the glass measurements in a picture a few posts up, I will confirm they are correct but that was the factory sticker. I am pretty handy and as long as I am careful, I should be able to replace the glass pack without issue.

Chris

Windows on Washington

#21 Post by Windows on Washington »

You'll need the IGU measurements (best to pull the glazing bead and see what the hold back on the sides is) along with the IGU thickness.

Once you have that, depending on where you are located, you should be able to get a nice replacement.