Estimate for an Okna 500 slider and 750 awning?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
barn up north

Estimate for an Okna 500 slider and 750 awning?

#1 Post by barn up north »

Thanks to all those who've taught me a lot from reading this board! One thing I haven't been able to find, anywhere, is the cost of a three-lite slider. Is it generally considered to be three windows? I ask because I have a quote for a plain white triple-glazed deluxe-with-krypton Okna 500 3-lite slider with grids at $2200. It's a lead job and an hour's drive for them, plus a small job (the only other window is the one below).

We were also quoted $800 for a small Okna 750 awning (34" x 20"; also white triple deluxe-with-krypton) - with an upcharge of $300 for the natural/nickel interior finish (would make it $1100 total).

Just looking to see if we're in the right ballpark here. I'd expect these windows to be more than standard DHs, but don't know how much. We're in Vermont - hard to find anything above Harvey's around here. Thanks!

randy

Re: Estimate for an Okna 500 slider and 750 awning?

#2 Post by randy »

The higher price tag is almost certainly (and justifiably) based on the factors you cited; very small job with lead based paint present. Great window choice, you'll really appreciate them this winter.

I'm most surprised by the up charge for interior hardware finish.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

+1 on all counts. Small job with lead and pricey options. Not out of line all things considered.. The $300 for the woodgrain and hardware seems steep, but perhaps they just put their markup more on the options than the base price. The end price is what I'd look at, and again, its not crazy given the options and circumstances.

barn up north

#4 Post by barn up north »

Thanks both for the rapid responses!

I got my #s crossed - it's $215 extra for the non-white interior finish (not $300).

We like the company and are happy to pay for good products (this started as a 'let's buy whatever's at the local lumberyard project' - the budget certainly went up as we read this forum and others!).

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

Spot on advice above and it is worth noting that the triple pane krypton option is uber expensive given the high price of krypton gas right now.