Sunrise Sliders

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
tmal14

Sunrise Sliders

#1 Post by tmal14 »

I'm considering having sunrise windows installed to replace some relatively large double casements that are to far gone. I would like to replace them with sliders to save on cost, while maintaining the "look" of double casements.

My only concern about the sunrise windows is the need for sash reinforcement. Is this something I need to worry about with sliders? The windows are fairly large (47x65 and 58x72). The opinion on the boards seems to be sash reinforcement is recommended with sunrise windows, but I'm not sure if that helps with sliders as much as double hungs.

Additionally with sliders and in particular with the Sunrise brand variety do I have to be concerned over air infiltration vs another style of window? The company I'm working with isn't fond of the sunrise slider for that reason. Some of the other brands sliders seal better in their opinion.

Is there a noticeable difference in the seal if I go with one side sliders vs both with the ability to move?

I'm in Cleveland Ohio, what glass package should I be looking for from Sunrise? All the windows face south. So lots of sun in the winter and also in the summer.

Lastly what upgraded spacers or any other options I should consider besides the "base" options such as low e, etc from Sunrisee? The literature isn't very clear on the spacer system or what additional upgrades are available.

Thanks

Windows on Washington

Re: Sunrise Sliders

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

I would opt for the reinforcement.

Sliders are general a leakier design so if you are concerned about air, opt for the twin casement.

Yes, but a majority of the leakage is at the interlock usually. The 1-lite slider will be tighter though.

Go with Double Pane facing South and Triple everywhere else.

Sunrise uses Cardinal last I check and their spacers are top notch.