sunrise standard, harvey tribute and soft-lite imperial ls

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
chuckfinley

sunrise standard, harvey tribute and soft-lite imperial ls

#1 Post by chuckfinley »

I've been reading on the forum enough to know that the soft-lite Imperial LS and Sunrise standard are my two top options in terms of quality. But We'd like to lose as little glass as possible, and even the Harvey frame seems less bulky to me than the soft-lite. So I'd rank the choices right now as Sunrise Standard, Harvey Classic or Tribute (any real difference?) and then Soft-Lite. But I'd love to hear thoughts. How's the Harvey stack up? Should we keep it in the mix? The quote for the Sunrise is also coming in under the Soft-lite quote by quite a bit.

We're also going to do a wall of four double-hungs with transoms over the middle, I'm wondering if the lack of reinforcement on the sunrise would be a concern there.

thanks!

Windows on Washington

Re: sunrise standard, harvey tribute and soft-lite imperial ls

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

If the Sunrise quote is cheaper, its a win - win then.

The Sunrise is one of the slimmer and more well built units out there.

chuckfinley

#3 Post by chuckfinley »

Thanks for the quick response. No concerns about the sunrise standard windows holding up structurally in our four-wide vision? (four double hungs mullioned together). It's a cathedral ceiling great room, so just one story.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

chuckfinley wrote:Thanks for the quick response. No concerns about the sunrise standard windows holding up structurally in our four-wide vision? (four double hungs mullioned together). It's a cathedral ceiling great room, so just one story.
Should be fine.

What size?

Specify the reinforcement.

Delaware Mike

#5 Post by Delaware Mike »

There is a reason why the Soft-Lite LS is a just a a tad more bulky in terms of minimizing glass loss, it's better engineered period? Newer design, .080" extrusions with the LS as opposed to .065" on the Sunrise. No big deal on a small double-hung but for larger units I'd get the better designed and built window. I install both of these products on a daily basis and see all the pros and cons of each series.

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. Toss up between the Sunrise and Softlite LS. The latter is more stout to be sure, but if glass loss is of paramount importance, the Sunrise is the clear winner there.
The Harvey is not in the same upper tier of performance.