Window4u Question

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
TOMMYD78

Window4u Question

#1 Post by TOMMYD78 »

I live in the west subs of chicago (carol stream) and know you must of heard of republic windows. What is your opinion on them. I had them installed on a different house and thought the were alright. Which line do you think is good?

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

-Edited by Window4u-

Sorry, but to control my blood pressure I'll have to pass on your question about that horrible sleazy company. Ask me anything else on a different topic and I'll be thrilled to answer...

InfoSponge

#3 Post by InfoSponge »

I saw the Classic II line recently, and they seemed OK, but the welds were very rough-edged and the tilt latches looked really cheap.

TOMMYD78

sorry Window for U

#4 Post by TOMMYD78 »

Then how about Great Lakes or is it Uniframe. They are in the area and a decent Simonton or Alside for the money? Looking at 16 double hung and 2 casement windows. I know installation is top proirity but also want decent window.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#5 Post by Window4U (IL) »

It has been quite a while since I installed Uniframe but from what I remenber it was a pretty decent window. Simonton is also good in the high end models with some upgrades like superspacer.
Stop on in to the Naperville Home Show next weekend if you want and you can see some of them side by side to check out the features in the same room. That might be a good way to help you compare the features between brands.
BTW, if you or any other homeowners here are going to that show, I get about a dozen free tickets from the promoter in my sign up pack. I'd be happy to send a couple to anyone going. Just email me with a mailing address and I'll get them right out. It will save you some dough. window4u@insightbb.com

WisWindowGuy

Re: Republic

#6 Post by WisWindowGuy »

I just heard recently that Republic was sold so there'll be new management.
I've sold Republic Classics years ago, and they worked pretty well. The present problem I have is with the service dept. I had two blown seals on a customers slider, and first, received two broken glass inserts, then re-ordered the glass, and was sent one the correct size, and one the wrong size, finally, after waiting weeks for a re-order of the glass, I found that the person I ordered it from is no longer there, never processed the order, and when I do re-order this glass, I'llbe charged anywhere from $150.00-$1100.00 to get the glass delivered 100 miles from the factory!!!!...LOL...I guess I'll be driving there to pick it up!