window world vs. Kingsroyal softlite

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
shtstf46

window world vs. Kingsroyal softlite

#1 Post by shtstf46 »

I am going to be replacing the patio door my house has from the 70's. The two options that the companies in town have besides do it yourself are the Window world company and then kingsroyal soft lite. The price difference between the two is almost 1000 and that's if there are no issues. Is the soft lite door that superior to rationalize the price difference. The specs are almost the same on paper. Any advise would be helpful.

Windows on Washington

Re: window world vs. Kingsroyal softlite

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Which Alside door model?

Is that all you have at your disposal?

shtstf46

#3 Post by shtstf46 »

Window world is the classic style solar zone and other is the kingsroyal soft lite low e glass standard size. I don't have specs other than those. There aware only two companies in town and one is Windows world and the other deals with soft light.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

Kingsroyal by a mile. I'm not sure what numbers you are referrring to "on paper" but an apples to apples comparison will show the SL unit far ahead in U-facctor and air infiltration. It alos has a fully welded frame as opposed to mechanically fastened.

shtstf46

#5 Post by shtstf46 »

I ment that both sliders have a u value of .27 and shgc of .25 or .27

TheWindowNerd

#6 Post by TheWindowNerd »

At minimum you need one more test result from both doors to have an informed choice, AI(air infiltration) the test result that show how much air leaks through the unit.
If you request the full test results for each unit, the AI will be in the structural test part of the report. If the will not give the test result to you they are embarrassed, walk away from that product.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#7 Post by masterext »

You said a 1k difference in price but never gave the actual prices, what were they? This way we can have a better perspective.
The soft lite is engineered much better than the alside. Its a better door, hence the higher price.