Any contractors in Middle TN?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
AngelAirHVAC

Any contractors in Middle TN?

#1 Post by AngelAirHVAC »

Browsing and doing research on replacing 8 wood frame windows. I'm looking at doing full frame replacements. Are there any good window dealers/contractors on this board serving Middle TN (White House)?
Window sizes (Pella measured) are.
41"x39" (1)
33"x39". (1)
37x55. (1)
37x62.5 (3)
76.5x62.5 double unit (1)
I had Pella quote just windows, no installation @ approx. $5500 for the 350 series and Impervia series for not much more. I see that theses aren't highly regarded windows judging by the comments from the pros here. I'm also not happy with the measured dimensions, as they are a good bit off from actual existing window dimensions.
I have checked and Okna are not available in TN.
Soft-lite gave me a couple dealer names. One won't sell to me directly. The other steered me to Atrium 90 series or Simonton 5500 citing poor warranty service from Soft-lite. I found this interesting as Soft-lite gave me thier name as a dealer. Thoughts plz?
I have more questions to come.
Thanks,
Mike

Windows on Washington

Re: Any contractors in Middle TN?

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Mike,

Are you doing the install yourself?

AngelAirHVAC

#3 Post by AngelAirHVAC »

I feel comfortable replacing the windows myself. I do need a tip or two in regards to trim, but thought I would address those in the DIY section.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Mike,

In that case, start with the building supply houses in your area and see what is available.

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Yep, contact SL again and ask for product only distributors using your zip code.
Also let SL know that someone they referred you to was bad mouthing the company.

fridge2020

#6 Post by fridge2020 »

AngelAirHVAC wrote: Soft-lite gave me a couple dealer names. One won't sell to me directly. The other steered me to Atrium 90 series or Simonton 5500 citing poor warranty service from Soft-lite. I found this interesting as Soft-lite gave me thier name as a dealer. Thoughts plz?
I have more questions to come.
Thanks,
Mike
Not surprising at all. Dealers are leaving Softlite in droves from what I hear. Has been a great product, but the quality control has taken a sharp turn for the worse, in addition to that Gorell debacle where Softlite continues to sell the product but not honor warranties. It is enough to put a bad taste in my mount as well.

AngelAirHVAC

#7 Post by AngelAirHVAC »

TheWindowNerd wrote:Yep, contact SL again and ask for product only distributors using your zip code.
Also let SL know that someone they referred you to was bad mouthing the company.
I posted a comment regarding my experience on SL Facebook page. I was asked to contact the National Sales Director and that "he would love to help". :D
Haven't had time to follow up with that lead yet.
I'll keep ya posted.