Sunrise Essentials?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
bayusb

Sunrise Essentials?

#1 Post by bayusb »

I live in North Carolina and am planning on replacing the windows in my brick house (22 windows). Balancing costs and quality, are the Sunrise Essentials a good "value"? Thanks.

HomeSealed

Re: Sunrise Essentials?

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Sunrise makes a good window but the Essentials is below their "Sunrise" base window. I don't recommend it regardless of price.

bayusb

#3 Post by bayusb »

Thanks so much!

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

It is about as flimsy as a cooked pasta noodle.

Very weak and would not recommend either. I am disappointed that Sunrise even makes it given the quality of their Restorations and Vanguard window.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#5 Post by Window4U (IL) »

When I first saw it from my factory rep, he said that Sunrise saw that their dealers were using other brands as "drop windows" when people couldn't afford their windows. So, they decided to make a lesser quality window to capture those customers who couldn't buy their normal windows because of price.
It's the same reason car companies have cheaper quality cars available, to capture money from all economic parts of the market.
Personally I think they went too far down in quality when they came out with the Essentials.