Reliabilt Windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Bucky9

Reliabilt Windows

#1 Post by Bucky9 »

trying to get more info on Reliabilt 3201 windows. Rated highly in Consumer Reports. Built by Atrium.

Delaware Mike

Re: Reliabilt Windows

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

Atrium = junk.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

There are some great posts here on the boards regarding the actual value of CR... Needless to say, I'd agree with DM.

bgbrock

#4 Post by bgbrock »

STOP!! Don't drink the Kool-Aid....Consumer Report Kool-Aid that is.

Consumer Reports is not the end all be all. The windows they have tested - past and present - are only the tip of the iceberg. Consumer Reports has A LOT of testing to do in order to have a CONCLUSIVE report. Lots of windows so little time :)

Bucky9

#5 Post by Bucky9 »

Many thanks for the replies regarding Reliabilt windows. It's a Big world out there in Vinyl Window Land.
I ran across the Window E STore. Impressive video on his windows. Anyone checked this out. And prices are very reasonable.

bgbrock

#6 Post by bgbrock »

Bucky - I did take a look at the video regarding the heat resistance that the windows offer. Where the company falls short is posting the other energy ratings that go along with windows. They MAY do a great job of keeping the heat out of one's home, but what about air infiltration, design pressure, etc.

The price of the windows may be reasonable depending where you live (shipping charges), but so many other factors need to be considered.

I would prefer to work with a contractor that has a good working relationship with the manufacturer and a manufacturer that openly details all energy ratings of their windows.

Good luck!