Window Install Question

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
tluke

Window Install Question

#1 Post by tluke »

I have a crew installing Restorations windows (mostly casement) as I type. They are installing further to the inside then the windows that were replaced. In other words there is basically no window ceil on the inside and the window sits in from the siding about 1.5 inches. He said he did it this way because he removed the old wood mullions and he wants to cover up the spot on the ceil where the mullion hit.

From the inside the windows look good. However, I am concerned how this will look on the outside. Since he hasn't capped it yet, it is difficult to judge how it will look.

Is this a valid way to install? Should I be concerned about the appearance on the exterior?

Thanks in advance!

HomeSealed

Re: Window Install Question

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Can't say for certain without detailed pics and/or inspection, but by your description that sounds correct. This is what is most commonly done to cover up those gaps from the removed mullions. The exterior may appear slightly more inset, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Windows on Washington

Re: Window Install Question

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

All gets covered when its capped and should be seamless looking.