Schuco aluminum commercial tilt and turn window repair

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
smiths

Schuco aluminum commercial tilt and turn window repair

#1 Post by smiths »

how do i replace the multipoint latch gearbox on a commercial schuco tilt and turn window?

Windows on Washington

Re: Schuco aluminum commercial tilt and turn window repair

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

That one is going to be tough. You might need to just repair what is in there.

Paging Dave....

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

Re: Schuco aluminum commercial tilt and turn window repair

#3 Post by Window4U (IL) »

First, try calling Carole Vancedarfield at Schuco-USA. 1 860-666-0505 They do have some parts left after they sold their vinyl operations. I'm not very hopeful they have the part you need, but I would try them first. I've been surprised before when I've asked them for a part. If they don't have the part, maybe they can at least give you info on what supplier they bought the parts from.

Next, there is a company in Chicago that makes very similar tilt n turns. They are Advanced Window Corp. Ph # 773-379-3500 You could try them to see if they can help you. I don't know if the parts are from the same supplier Schuco bought them from, but it's worth a try. Have any part numbers you can find with you before you call.

You could also do a google search for 'tilt n turn gearbox'. Most of the results are for parts businesses in the UK, but if you can find the correct part a little bit of shipping cost would be well worth it.
Good luck!
....Dave