Warranty question

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
mfer2k

Warranty question

#1 Post by mfer2k »

Do lifetime/double-lifetime warranties for the best vinyl manufacturers (like Okna) typically cover only the product or do they cover labor as well? For example, if an Okna dealer installs windows in your home and there's a defect 10 years later that causes the glass to crack, would that be fully covered under their warranty or are you paying out of pocket for the labor to repair/replace? Is there kind of an industry standard on this?

I'm sorry if I'm clogging up the forum with my questions, I just have a lot to learn and am trying to learn it fast.

Windows on Washington

Re: Warranty question

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

I would suggest you condense the threads for future use and just post follow up questions.

Okna does not cover labor nor would an install defect create a stress crack 10 years later.

You will need to vet your installer but Okna does as good a job as any or dealing with quality companies with competent installation teams.

HomeSealed

Re: Warranty question

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

+1.
The only manufacturers that cover labor/workmanship are those that do installations "in-house". There are small large companies like Champion that do this, but there are not many, nor am I particularly fond of the products of those companies.

Most manufacturers will supply warranty parts for free, not labor to install them. Many dealers will offer a workmanship and/or service warranty however.