Another need help with windows choice, Vytex, vs Soft-Lite..

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Windows on Washington

Re: Another need help with windows choice, Vytex, vs Soft-Lite..

#16 Post by Windows on Washington »

See if Okna corp can get you squared away with the dealer that is a bit of a flake.

randy

#17 Post by randy »

window shopping is really rising to the top of the most hated things list, worse than cars or anything else
True, and it's going to get much worse and more confusing, very soon. Manipulation of AL ratings and DP ratings in order to muddy the waters between a quality product and an average product is going to make things interesting.

keithl

#18 Post by keithl »

Windows on Washington wrote:See if Okna corp can get you squared away with the dealer that is a bit of a flake.
I have been, Okan rep left me a VM that I just returned waiting on him. Hoping they are lining up other dealers in area.

keithl

#19 Post by keithl »

Wanted to post an update, may be making progress with Okna guy, but he is putting all sorts of caveats around order.

In the mean time let me float some proposal and get some feed back, assuming the Okna Softlite guy falls through:

Okna 800 $7800 (assuming e does not fall through)

Vytex Fortis $8000
Soft Lite Imperial LS $9900
Windows World 4000 $6800 (Seems to be Alside Mezzo)
Zen Windows $9000

The Zen windows is made by Softlite, but he has not or will not tell me what Soft-lit Window it is comparable to.

AS for Customer experience I would have to give the Vytex and Zen guys credit, very responsive, very customer oriented. The WW guy was nice on the phone even quoted my windows over the phone, but not sure I want to go that route even though the spread is $3100, which in the middle of a remodel can help in other areas.

Looking for feedback and thoughts, thanks in advance!

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#20 Post by masterext »

The low price of window world is irrelevant because its not a well designed window, so saving 3k really means nothing.
I would talk to the okna guy again, its a good price. I wasnt aware vytex was available in georgia.
The soft lite is another great option.

HomeSealed

#21 Post by HomeSealed »

+1.
The Zen window to my knowledge is the Softlite Pro. It is an older model. Fine performer, not on the same level as the LS or Elements though, or even Vytex for that matter.

It looks like you are in the rare position where the best window is at the lower end of your pricing spectrum. The Okna 800 is the cream of this crop, with the SL LS in the number 2 spot (based on performance data). I might ask to deal with a different salesperson at the Okna dealer. Maybe the sales guy is just a flake... Seems like a slam dunk to me as long as the company/dealer is solid.

I have not mentioned the WW option, because as the old Sesame Street bit goes, "one of these things just doesn't belong". Pay less, get less.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#22 Post by masterext »

Looks like zen has 3 windows. Their top window is called the Lotus and its the soft lite bainbridge. The middle model( nirvana) seems to be the the pro.

HomeSealed

#23 Post by HomeSealed »

masterext wrote:Looks like zen has 3 windows. Their top window is called the Lotus and its the soft lite bainbridge. The middle model( nirvana) seems to be the the pro.
Good catch... I'd still put it in the same "above average" category though. I believe that is also sold as the Gorell 5100 these days.

keithl

#24 Post by keithl »

HomeSealed wrote:+1.
I might ask to deal with a different salesperson at the Okna dealer. Maybe the sales guy is just a flake... Seems like a slam dunk to me as long as the company/dealer is solid.

I have not mentioned the WW option, because as the old Sesame Street bit goes, "one of these things just doesn't belong". Pay less, get less.
Wish I could, the sales guy is the owner ;-)

Delaware Mike

#25 Post by Delaware Mike »

Isn't Zen Windows one of those franchise outfits that's touts an immediate quote based upon a phone call and pictures of the project being sent to them instead of in-house consultations?

keithl

#26 Post by keithl »

Delaware Mike wrote:Isn't Zen Windows one of those franchise outfits that's touts an immediate quote based upon a phone call and pictures of the project being sent to them instead of in-house consultations?
I did get a quote from Zen within an hour of talking to them, their price was high, and not sure what Soft-Lite window they are comparable to, seem to be an older Soft-Lite. When I asked them they just said it is custom made by Soft-Lite for them.

HomeSealed

#27 Post by HomeSealed »

keithl wrote:
Delaware Mike wrote:Isn't Zen Windows one of those franchise outfits that's touts an immediate quote based upon a phone call and pictures of the project being sent to them instead of in-house consultations?
I did get a quote from Zen within an hour of talking to them, their price was high, and not sure what Soft-Lite window they are comparable to, seem to be an older Soft-Lite. When I asked them they just said it is custom made by Soft-Lite for them.
Ha! Kinda ironic right... no sales games and transparency is their whole proposition, yet they won't even tell you the specifics of the product/model, etc. Ask for a CPD number, you can look it up on NFRC to see exactly which line they are quoting...

Sorry to hear about the Okna guy. Great product if it works out, but you should feel comfortable with, and confident in whomever you choose.

fridge2020

#28 Post by fridge2020 »

J-O-K-E, lol.

The Imperial LS and Okna are on another level in this comparo. The price of the Okna makes it an easy choice.

joemig

#29 Post by joemig »

It's been a year, any follow up advice on your window purchase? I'm also in the Atlanta area and looking at the same window manufactures..

TheWindowNerd

#30 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Most home owners once done with their project seldom make it back to the board.
Gain what info you can from the post and ask us your questions.
AS for great vinyl windows: Okna 500, 800, or 900 ; Soft Lite Elements or Imp LS; Sunrise Vanguard or Restoration.

TheWindowNERD