Single Picture/Single Hung Hybrid to Two Double Hungs

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
FusilliJerry

Re: Single Picture/Single Hung Hybrid to Two Double Hungs

#16 Post by FusilliJerry »

Delaware Mike wrote:I see a whole different breed of window installers when it comes to city work.
They're not based in the city though; but a western suburb.

TheWindowNerd

#17 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Two comments:
the third picture does show the leg laps over the head which would normally be wrong.
they may not have caulked the under side of the sill piece they moved because they did not have or know what color to use there.

FusilliJerry

#18 Post by FusilliJerry »

Is clear not a common catch-all for that sort of thing? I would think they should have had that.

FusilliJerry

#19 Post by FusilliJerry »

I only just got a chance to look up close at the second floor since the install (because the full screens are very difficult to remove and reinstall on these windows as they tuck in at the bottom and have no handle on the interior; my biggest complaint about the windows themselves) Its just as sloppy if not worse. I'll post some pictures later.

Would anyone be willing to hazard a ballpark for how much it would be to completely remove and replace the capping and recaulk all 4 windows? Including repairing the stucco sill if that's something you're familiar with.