SoftLite Imperial LS vs. Elements

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
rother33

SoftLite Imperial LS vs. Elements

#1 Post by rother33 »

In the posts I read, the SoftLite Elements series were considered in the top 3, but we just received information on the SoftLite Imperial LS series (which seemed great). I believe Imperial is very similar to Elements, but would there be a reason to ask for Elements instead?

Does $800/window seem high? (Triple pane) I'm sure prices vary slightly from place to place, but does this seem like it's in the right ballpark? And is there typically wiggle room to negotiate on the cost estimates?

Any other info would be great, we're looking to get over 25 windows, so I don't want to make a mistake!

Thanks in advance.
Sam

Delaware Mike

Re: SoftLite Imperial LS vs. Elements

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

LS dealers don't carry the Elements line, and Elements dealers don't do the LS. Both series are based upon the same design. The Elements has Super Spacer, upgraded screen mesh, integrated lock/tilt mechanisms and more detailed exterior screen track master frame profile, and lifetime accidental glass breakage standard. These features could warrant up to about an additional $30 to $50 per window added value max in my opinion. I was an LS dealer for about 8-years before I switched over the Elements and I've been really pleased with both series.

In my area $800 is a premium price for a retrofit vinyl window, however it is within a reasonable range without knowing options on the window or details pertaining to the installation.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

Reasonable in my area as well.

Great advice Mike.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

+2. Normal price range, good window.