Window world in upstate South Carolina

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Teamwest88

Window world in upstate South Carolina

#1 Post by Teamwest88 »

I am looking to replace my windows. I have had a couple bids. Window world seems ok, but I have read about what y'all have said. The main issue is I have two 6' by 6' windows that get afternoon sun in the summer and bakes the house. I can get both done with their best glass for around $1050 total. Thoughts?

Windows on Washington

Re: Window world in upstate South Carolina

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

I am not sure there is much to add in terms of commentary on the WW install or window.

Can you post up a picture of the windows in question?

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#3 Post by masterext »

Teamwest88
The only thing i will say is that window world use alside windows. Take that with whichever grain of salt you choose. A 6 x 6 window is very large so structural integrity is paramount which means spending a few hundred more is probably something to ponder.

Teamwest88

#4 Post by Teamwest88 »

My wife has a friend whose husband is a contractor. He is coming out Monday to give me another quote. I really want a good window for the two large windows to keep the heat or cold out. The windows are 28 years old. Thanks for the options.

Teamwest88

#5 Post by Teamwest88 »

Here is the window.
Attachments
image.jpg
(252.85 KiB) Downloaded 339 times
image.jpg
(252.85 KiB) Downloaded 310 times

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#6 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Teamwest88 wrote:Here is the window.
If the bottom of that picture window is within 18" of the floor the new window will need to be tempered glass. Just thought I'd mention that....

Windows on Washington

#7 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

It definitely appears to be that close.

Tempered glass will also make the unit much more structured and resistant to deflection.

Keep us posted.

fridge2020

#8 Post by fridge2020 »

You have read the universal opinion of WW. Nothing much to add. If the price is on the low end, expect the quality to follow suit.

Teamwest88

#9 Post by Teamwest88 »

It is 18" from the ground. We are using tempered glass. I don't think I'm going with WW. I am struggling with the large windows bc I want a good window and good price. Home Depot offered me one window for 1308, but read about them and their windows and didn't hear much good either. Thanks for the advice.

Windows on Washington

#10 Post by Windows on Washington »

Teamwest88 wrote:It is 18" from the ground. We are using tempered glass. I don't think I'm going with WW. I am struggling with the large windows bc I want a good window and good price. Home Depot offered me one window for 1308, but read about them and their windows and didn't hear much good either. Thanks for the advice.
For a fixed picture window, the dominant concerns about the HD window are less prominent. There are concerns about installation quality as the installs at Big Orange and Big Blue get spotty reviews.

HomeSealed

#11 Post by HomeSealed »

+1.
In my experience, both the "bargain" outfits and box store business models pay their installers a bit less than the going rate. This generally results in a very high turnover rate of installers that may or may not be very good in the first place... Not saying that you have to pay a fortune, but I'd prefer a local, established company that specializes in window replacement. Some of the more respected national chains are fine too.