Thoughts on replacement bids/brands

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
chuck4200

Re: Thoughts on replacement bids/brands

#16 Post by chuck4200 »

Thanks Randy.

That is valuable information to consider especially for our area about sizes, heat and reinforcement. Someone mentioned internal reinforcement in a presentation and I will recheck this aspect.

As you mentioned, it seems the window size definitely boosted the price in the Sunrise line windows versus the others.

We have postponed a decision till we get back on the 12th, but will keep you guys informed of the outcome.

Thank you, I really do appreciate all the great advice you window experts have taken the time to give me. Hope others have learned as much as I did from this topic post.

Chuck

Delaware Mike

#17 Post by Delaware Mike »

I drove out near Dallas a few years back to do all of my brother's doors and windows with him. We had the gig lined up with Soft-Lite but in the year it took my sister-in-law to make up her mind Soft-Lite decided to pull out of that region, thus I wasn't hauling my rig half way across the county. I installed the ProVia Integra vinyl series being that I'm a ProVia dealer. Options included the reinforcement (metal), correct glass package with low-e3, upgraded screens.

I didn't like the window as much as the LS or Elements, however it's a good window by a great company. The pricing is a little high for compared to my other offerings but every dealer has different mark ups based upon their business model and overhead. I've installed Sunrise with success over the last 10-years as Randy mentioned and that's a nice window.

chuck4200

#18 Post by chuck4200 »

Got delayed in finalizing the bids, but went with Simonton 5500 series. Did add the optional sash reinforcement as Randy suggested. If we were to stay for more than five years, or new home construction, would have preferred the Sunrise. Twenty windows of various shapes, tempered glass in some by doors and in bath going for rain glass 4x4, all in for $9950. Reputable installer, 15 plus years in biz, seen some of his other jobs, looks good.

Could not justify the 30-35% increase in price for the Sunrise, since that money will go for other improvement projects like kitchen and bath.

Thanks for all your help guys. Will post some before and after pics in 3-4 weeks if possible here.

Chuck

Bill

#19 Post by Bill »

The Simonton 5500 is a good solid choice, they will serve you well long term.