new to this simonton 5050 vs sunrise essentials vs Polaris v

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
brcsoccer15

new to this simonton 5050 vs sunrise essentials vs Polaris v

#1 Post by brcsoccer15 »

I am looking into replacing my vinyl windows and currently have 3 quotes for simonton 5050, sunrise essentials and Polaris valusmart. The quotes are as follows $280,$450 and $320.00. The simonton dealer said this would be windows installed and caulking only, no foam. The other two mentioned foam and slanted sills and issues with pop out tabs at the bottom of certain windows that are supposed to let water drip out, but can get stuck up with dirt spiders,etc and rot out, leaving then a large hole? If anyone has an opinion on these windows mentioned along with their quotes I'd greatly appreciate it. We also have a held wen distributor coming. Thank you. :shock:

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: new to this simonton 5050 vs sunrise essentials vs Polaris v

#2 Post by masterext »

You are looking at good 3 brands but unfortunately they are their low budget/ low quality offerings.
Look at the standard sunrise or the polaris ultraweld at the very least. Stay away from the others. Simonton would be number 3 on that list( bottom) .

Delaware Mike

#3 Post by Delaware Mike »

Soft-Lite Pro, Classic, Bainbridge, Barrington, or OKNA 400 would all be a better choice in my opinion. Not all vinyl window manufactures are set up to distribute to dealers and suppliers on a national basis, thus you may be held to looking at regional manufactures. Even on a budge oriented window, I prefer triple weatherstripping on the sashes and true sloped non-irrigating sill system.

brcsoccer15

#4 Post by brcsoccer15 »

I should've probably mentioned that I am near Columbus Ohio. Im not sure if any of those brands are distributed near me. I also have about $1500 to spend on anywhere from 2-5 windows. Im fine with saving and only putting a couple in as my budget allows.

randy

#5 Post by randy »

I agree with the guys, get quotes on better windows. Everything you've looked at so far is on the lower end of the perspective manufacturers' offerings. Being in Ohio, both Polaris and Soft-lite are home state companies and you should be able to get access to every line they offer.

As to the foam, I'd make sure they are clearly saying they apply it, or spray it, as opposed to the foam that comes taped to some windows from the manufacturer. A spray foam will expand and fill the voids. The foam wrap that comes on some windows is next to useless and does nothing to block the flow of air around the window.

brcsoccer15

#6 Post by brcsoccer15 »

Ok, they came back from our Polaris installer, with the thermweld and ultraweld, they would be an extra $25/$50 from the $300 quote they gave us on the valusmart. This includes foam spray with installment. What do you think with thosequotes, haven't heard from softlite yet.

Windows on Washington

#7 Post by Windows on Washington »

If they will do the UltraWeld for an extra $50, that is a steal. That is a solid window.

randy

#8 Post by randy »

Well worth the additional investment.