Schuco Windows in Central New Jersey

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
jdegeorge

Schuco Windows in Central New Jersey

#1 Post by jdegeorge »

Hi

I got a $15,750 quote last night from a Central New Jersey Schuco dealer for 14 double-hung windows and 4 casement windows (Corona 4000 model), fully installed and with exterior window trim wrapping. The average window size is 36" x 54"...about $900.

I'm seeing A LOT of Schuco fans on this message board and that's giving me a very good feeling, especially since almost all of these folks were favoring the Schuco over the Andersen Renewal, which is what I'm actually comparing myself.

The only thing that has me is the money. Yes, I'm buying practically the best replacement window on the market, and that will cost big bucks, but some folks have been posting a lower per-window cost of between $500 and $700 for the same window.

Granted, the price may vary by dealer, but these windows are all made in Connecticut and can only be sold by dealers in this window cooperative.

Anyone else in New Jersey who bought or at least priced Schuco for help in price comparison?

Schuco rules!! :!:

Thanks!

Jim

The U Factor

#2 Post by The U Factor »

are the casements single vent casements?

jdegeorge

#3 Post by jdegeorge »

Single casement vent 5000 and 5100 models.

FYI...the dealer never gave me a per-window quote...just the total nut. Should I have received a per-window quote?

The U Factor

#4 Post by The U Factor »

I don't think it would matter if they are single vent casements. For the east coast that seems quite reasonable compared to what some schucos go for in the northeast. If the company is solid, it sounds good.

jdegeorge

#5 Post by jdegeorge »

They've been around for 26 years and going. I tried like crazy to punch a hole in their warranty last night. They go over and above Schuco's own warranty. In short, they'll replace any window for any reason at any time. They guarantee expert, factory-trained installation, clean worksites, and timeliness.

The U Factor

#6 Post by The U Factor »

well if it is schuco or renewal I think you can guess where I stand, like most others on this board, it is a no brainer.

Good Luck

jdegeorge

#7 Post by jdegeorge »

U Factor

Yep...I'm standing right with you. I guess it's just the $$ that's scaring me a bit. But hey...isn't that what a line of credit is for? :-)

The U Factor

#8 Post by The U Factor »

jdegeorge wrote:U Factor

Yep...I'm standing right with you. I guess it's just the $$ that's scaring me a bit. But hey...isn't that what a line of credit is for? :-)
It's the American way!! :D

What was the renewal quote if you don't mind my asking? They usually aren't giving them away in any market.

jdegeorge

#9 Post by jdegeorge »

Renewal isn't coming until Monday evening. I'm expecting it to be on the high side as well. I'll try to post it on Tuesday.

ANOTHER WINDOW GUY

#10 Post by ANOTHER WINDOW GUY »

Before your done shopping look at a few other vinyls and fiberglass. The number area your in affords you pretty much anything and with a little shopping maybe save enough to pay for a semester of school for one of the kids.. ..( well maybe just a quarter) and when comparing windows the Renewal is more akin to a mid performing vinyl, not a Schuco.

windowmannjny

#11 Post by windowmannjny »

jdegeorge- why dont you try Gorells triple pane with Krypton, great window and will probably save you some $$$

Window_Shopper

#12 Post by Window_Shopper »

ANOTHER WINDOW GUY wrote:Before your done shopping look at a few other vinyls and fiberglass. The number area your in affords you pretty much anything and with a little shopping maybe save enough to pay for a semester of school for one of the kids.. ..( well maybe just a quarter) and when comparing windows the Renewal is more akin to a mid performing vinyl, not a Schuco.
I'm looking for windows and am doing research before I call anyone. The Remodeler's Magazine shows Andersen Renewal to be High End and Vinyl windows to be Mid-Range. Why do you think Renewal is mid-range too?

The U Factor

#13 Post by The U Factor »

i would say performance numbers, warranty, and customer satisfaction seem to be three areas where schuco scores higher.