Sunrise Options

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
tmal14

Sunrise Options

#1 Post by tmal14 »

I'm looking at the base sunrise window (not the essential), and would like to know what if any of these options exist for the base model.

The two options I would like to do are foam filled frame and sash, and sash reinforcement. I've done my research, but I'm getting conflicting information regarding the options. One dealer says they can get those options in the base sunrise, and the other says its not possible.

I've gotten a quote for the Sunrise restorations model which has those options as standard, but the quote for those windows came in at $1136/window. So I'm looking at a step down into the base sunrise model for obvious reasons.

I've called the Sunrise window customer service number and they will not answer the questions, but refer me to the local salesman for my area. Frustrating since you would think they could answer that question with out much research.

Windows on Washington

Re: Sunrise Options

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

How large are the units and what type of operators are they?

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#3 Post by masterext »

The basic sunrise does not have a reinforcement option. Its only available in vanguard and restorations. Perhaps there is a small chance your dealer is able to to do it but who knows?

bgbrock

#4 Post by bgbrock »

No ....the base Sunrise (not Essentials) does not come with reinforcement, you would have to upgrade to the Vanguard or Restoration series to get that.

In terms of the foam filled sash and frames, here is a link that will illustrate.
http://www.sunrisewindows.com/energy-efficiency/

If I am reading WoW correctly, I believe he is asking the question around your width requirements to determine if sash reinforcement is necessary in your install. The wider the windows are, the more crucial for reinforcement.

You are correct....Sunrise home office is not extremely helpful to a homeowner. If need be, ask for the name and number of the regional Sales person from Sunrise. I have done this in the past and obtained a boat load of information.

Delaware Mike

#5 Post by Delaware Mike »

You will have to upgrade to a higher level Sunrise series such as the Vanguard or Verde which is not carried by all Sunrise dealers to get those options. Standard size units will not be affected by those options not being included.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#6 Post by masterext »

I dont believe Verde series by sunrise has reinforcement, just ultra core insulation. Am i wrong?

Delaware Mike

#7 Post by Delaware Mike »

The Verde and the Vanguards costs us Sunrise dealers about the same and I had chose the Vanguard over the Verde due to the meeting rail sash reinforcement that the Vanguard has over the Verde. I had forgotten that. We don't have any Verde dealers down my way so I don't pay that much attention to that series. It does have the self cleaning glass from what I remember where as with the Vanguard I had to option it in as an up-charge.

Good catch Paul.

tmal14

#8 Post by tmal14 »

Windows on Washington wrote:How large are the units and what type of operators are they?
The sizes and types of Sunrise windows I'm looking at are:

2 58"x72" Sliders (Tempered)
3 47x65 Sliders
1 55x65 Slider

The rest are casements (27x41), or picture windows (17x65) which I don't think need reinforcement, since they are built differently.

The other windows I'm considering is the Energywall by Polaris. Kind of stuck between the two, where the total cost is almost spot btw the base sunrise and the energywall.

Thanks for your help.

HomeSealed

#9 Post by HomeSealed »

The Energy wall is a nice window. It's a bit more stout than the Sunrise, but the Sunrise is more attractive and less bulky. Both are good windows.