Choice of Windows, 2 homes

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
light1

Choice of Windows, 2 homes

#1 Post by light1 »

Hi Everyone,
I have 2 homes that require windows.

1. 25 year old town house, eventually will sell in 1-2 years, need windows all across the house, 17 windows, (12 openings). Currently it has vinyl windows that are very hard to open, and don't lock easily. This is mom's house.

2. 13 year old single family, need about 15 windows (10 openings), this is my primary residence.

I got a quote from a contractor for solocomb, X3, and X5, the quotes range from 25-35K.
I also checked out viny lite in Lorton, VA( I am in VA), and they have nice windows and the quote was not bad, until I realized that they were not using double pane, meaning the U factor was .4? vs .25, with double pane, and then the windows alone are about 15K. Install will be about $150-$200/window, so a total of 20-25K. They seemed like a good company that have been around for a while.

I also checked out Home Depot and Lowes, the HD quality seemed crappy, they had anderson windows that weren't even online. Lowes had Pella 250 series for a decent price, I have to find the right installers. The cost of windows is about 8K for both homes and I was hoping to get installs done for 2-4K.

You guys all seem to be against Pella and Altrium Atrium by reliabilt?

I got a last quote from simonton for about 15K for both homes..any help is appciated.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Choice of Windows, 2 homes

#2 Post by masterext »

The pella 250 are complete garbage, do NOT waste a dime on those windows.
If I'm not mistaken, there is a pro that helps home owners on this forum. He is " windows on washington". Do a quick board search of that name and then click his contact button. He is an awesome guy and a straight shooter. I would be sure to contact him before you did anything.

light1

#3 Post by light1 »

I see they are in DUlles, VA (sterling), so am I.

I can't see their store hours on their website though..

Eric, let me know what you think. both homes may be sold in 3-5 years, the townhouse, sooner than the single family.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Light1,

Feel free to click on my name here and the board operators will send you my contact information.

What is your name so I can keep an eye out for your contact information as it comes through.

The small fee that goes to the board (i.e. via clicking on my name) is what provides for the discussion board overhead and management.

Thank you.

Eric at WoW

light1

#5 Post by light1 »

My name is Roshan, I have already clicked "Quote", is that what you are asking me to do? Should I call the store or wait for your reply?

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

If you submitted your info via the "Get Quote" feature on Windows on Washington's profile, I'm sure that you'll hear for him soon if you have not already.
FWIW, you are in great hands with Eric and his staff, many of which I've met personally. Top notch outfit over there. :D

light1

#7 Post by light1 »

Yes, they seem to have amazing reviews, 4.5+/5.