making decision-

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
toddinmn

Re: making decision-

#16 Post by toddinmn »

HomeSealed wrote:Great response from Mike.

1) I agree with the Harvey guy that you SHOULDN'T base your decision purely on one or two sources' opinions. Look at all sources. Is the overwhelming sentiment positive, negative, or 50/50? Weight the feedback appropriately based on the credibility of those providing it.

2) Performance ratings: Every window is independently tested for thermal and structural ratings, including u factor, shgc, air infiltration, and design pressure (structural) among others. These ratings are supremely telling as to how you can expect the window to actually perform (assuming a good installation), and they also speak to the quality. You won't find a great vinyl window with mediocre ratings, nor a poor window with great ratings.

The Okna window has a significant advantage in EVERY measurable area where performance is concerned, assuming apples to apples options. The Harvey line is pretty average. That is my professional opinion, and the performance ratings are in line with that as well.

Regarding this guy's continued accusation that this site (and/or others) are somehow controlled by Okna, again, that is ridiculous. I would encourage you to research the owners of this site if you have any doubt in that regard. There is no connection whatsoever, nor is there any connection in any window-related forum or blog that I know of. Furthermore, there are not even any contributors to my knowledge that have any connection to a manufacturer other than being a customer of that manufacturer among others. Many of us contributors can pretty easily be found via a simple search, as transparency begets credibility.
Lastly, I'd question the logic of such an assertion given the fact that there are numerous other products that are regularly recommended and highly regarded in these sites.... What you have is a salesperson working hard to sell you an inferior product. Not only would I recommend that you move on due to the product alone, but his deceptive tactics (ironic given his accusations) are an even bigger red flag at this point. Whether you choose that Okna dealer or not, I'd recommend moving on from this guy to find someone with more integrity.

npmadsen

#17 Post by npmadsen »

Thank you for the feedback
We have looked at alot of options
We are just waiting for our financing ,which is around the corner
we are going with the okna 800 triple pane
i will let you know how the progress goes

npmadsen

#18 Post by npmadsen »

we have signed the contract with window king in the bronx , just waiting for the measurments to be taken
thanks again for all your help

HomeSealed

#19 Post by HomeSealed »

Sounds like a good choice, be sure to post back with updates :D

npmadsen

#20 Post by npmadsen »

All windows are installed,along with slider and they look great. Installers were great. Thank you for all your help. I love my new Bow window. The house looks great