Need help picking in NE Florida

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
sharieg

Need help picking in NE Florida

#1 Post by sharieg »

We've gotten two estimates so far, American replacement and Window World. We like American's estimate of $5500 for 10 single hung and 1 half circle. They are the Eastern brand windows.

Window World seems low end and only $200 less. They aren't in the running.

I've got two more coming tomorrow, Galaxy Builders and he seems to be offering the Mezzo line and Action Windows with the PGT, Silverline and Atrum. I like the look of the Mezzo online but have seen some iffy reviews. I like the PGT for what I've seen online and am excited to look a model tomorrow.

Can anyone give insight on company or window lines please? Our house is 20+ yrs old, only the two bathrooms will require tempered glass. American is offering free upgrade to LowE 3 because we booked the estimate at the Home show.......

Thanks in advance!!

Windows on Washington

Re: Need help picking in NE Florida

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

The PGT is probably the best of that bunch in terms of product.

I don't know the Eastern window product very well and can't find much online.

sharieg

#3 Post by sharieg »

Here is a link. The model that was recommended to use is 1441, single hung impact window.

easternarchitectural.com/

I can't find much either but it looks like a nice window, metal in the channel that frames the sashes and even has a locking bracket at the bottom for "negative pressure".

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Not a ton of information there on their "Fact Sheet" but it looks like a decent piece.

sharieg

#5 Post by sharieg »

Well we got a quote for the Mezzo and I like the window.

Action Window dropped the ball and didn't bring me any window samples to look/play with and now I'm waiting for them to drop the PGT off so I can look at it. Price quoted isn't to bad though.

So now I wait.............