Plygem Pro, Premium or Simonton 5500

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Ptoaj7

Plygem Pro, Premium or Simonton 5500

#1 Post by Ptoaj7 »

Hello, any opinions on the Plygem pro and premium series? They seem decent in terms of performance numbers and build quality; depending on glass package.

The Simonton seem like a decent option, but are pricey for what you get. I gave a need for 20 DH windows.

Feedback would be appreciated.

toddinmn

Re: Plygem Pro, Premium or Simonton 5500

#2 Post by toddinmn »

Not a fan of the internal glazing bead on the Ply-Gems,I'd go Simonton for that reason alone. Are you installing these yourself? Are there more brands available to you?

Ptoaj7

#3 Post by Ptoaj7 »

Thanks for the reply. I am not installing these myself. I have looked at the Okna 500's as well and I know they come highly recommended on this board.

I am doing a full exterior remodel; siding, trim/soffit, and windows. I like the concept of having one company do all of the work and I trust the quality of the person I selected. That said, the windows they can get are decent at best. I looked at the Soft Lite Pro's, but the price is a little steep for what you get and had a major increase at the beginning of the year; so I am told.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Deal with one company on the total if you can.

Just makes the scheduling, product integration, and water management easier.

toddinmn

#5 Post by toddinmn »

Last time I priced the Pro's they were pretty close to the other two if not lower, I know they can get pricey in the larger sizes though.

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

The pricing is probably more about the dealer than the actual product cost. The SL Pro is solid, as is the Okna 500. Both outperform the Pygem and Simonton options.