Have estimates, looking for advice

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
searspro

#16 Post by searspro »

WOW! I missed alot while I was at WORK! First of all, I think maybe Hipkat works for shuco. While he thinks he works for Schuco (I can't find the little squiggly thing for over the u, sorry). Or maybe, he just shouldn't try to educate me in the spelling department. Secondly, I once did direct a little old lady to the depends, but I was in Walmart. Btw, I love their deli chicken. Which brings me to my next point, KFC does one thing, chicken.(the Schuco of the restaurant industry) Yet, I still prefer walmart's. Where I can also get my oil changed, my taxes done, a haircut or buy some depends. I don't think Sears sells depends, I wouldn't really know as I haven't been into a Sears store for over two years. Sears Home Improvement has very little to do with the retail side of Sears. You surely can't think that I go to the mall every morning to pick up my material for the day. Or maybe you can. Even if I did, what does that have to do with the quality of my windows or my service. Sears doesn't manufacture windows, never claimed to. However, Simonton is a reputable company with some fine windows in thousands of homes, many of which were installed by Sears, to the customers satisfaction or their money back! If I have Schuco windows installed in my home, and have an issue, can I call Schuco directly and THEY send someone out to inspect or repair the problem? Or do I call Hipkat (who sold me the windows)? who might have flown the coupe or was killed by curiousity. I'm just asking. If you buy Sears windows, you call Sears and Sears sends someone out to investigate. Unless, of course, Sears has their phone disconnected or falls off the face of the earth, neither of which I can see happening in the near future. How many homes have you walked into to find it full of Schuco products? Because that's who they trust for everything. None, I would say. Sears has built that reputation through generations of satisfied customers and the fact that they stand behind what they sell. It was brought to my attention by another qualified poster in this forum that Schuco doesn't cap the prices for their independent dealers. I apologized for grouping them all together as overpriced windows. In fact, windows4u claimed that he has came in under Sears on several Quotes. Hipkat just keeps trying to justify his high priced windows. I'm pretty sure he is one of those dealers that are giving Schuco it's high priced reputation. Then justify the expense with a bs sales pitch. (well, obviously most of his facts are somewhat fictional). One last thing before I turn in (I have to WORK tomorrow, so if I don't respond in a timely manner well, sorry.) I would take you up on that fuel savings warranty. If I take out my Sears best WBM windows and install Schuco's best, I will save 50% on my heating bill? Another bs sales pitch. Thanks and goodnight.

ShucoFan

#17 Post by ShucoFan »

I agree....HipKat go peddle your over priced FJB windows elsewhere. I will never do business with FJB and FJB is a total RIP OFF to the consumer. I was quoted over a $1000 PER WINDOW for a Schuco window and found another dealer that did just as good a job for HUNDREDS LESS.

FJB NEEDS TO STOP RIPPING PEOPLE OFF....REMEMBER FJB WAS SUED FOR TRYING TO RIP OFF THE ELDERLY MANY YEARS AGO...STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!

windowrep

#18 Post by windowrep »

definetly one of the most entertaining and informational threads ive seen in a while. now i really dont know who to believe and through all this poor steve is still waiting for an answer to his question. sorry steve i do not have enough info on simonton pricing to give you a solid answer. hey guys i just heard of a window called schucco or shuco or something like that. anyone here have any further details on them? just kidding.

HipKat

#19 Post by HipKat »

OK, well as far as any facts I have wrong, take it up with MY boss for feeding me misinformation.
However, when I see things in writing (and yes, I left my briefcase in my truck again after getting home from a 4 1/2 hour sale to someone who appreciates quality, as they just replaced their 6 month old Simontons with Insulsash windows, so I didn't scan the 50% agreement. Something about the poor installation, unresponsive service dept. and the obvious difference in theirs vs mine. Also, the heat lamp I blew through the Simontons pretty much sealed it....), I tend to believe them over anonymous names on a message board.
BTW, once I DO scan the thing, what happens then? All of a sudden you say "Gee, HipKat was right??" Uh huh....
NOT to say you don't know what you're talking about, but how would I know at this point? Belive the guy who posts on a message board or the guy that's been with FJB since 1994??
Of course the window YOU sell and the one I do is probably not the same window, since mine was apparentley developed exclusivley for FJB or something like that.

Third, Searspro, you take Walmart Chicken over KFC?? "nuff said...
When I ask my gf to marry me, I'll bet she'll appreciate the quality of the ring I'll buy at Sears as opposed to the one I could get at Tiffany, who specialize in diamond rings.... :roll:

searspro

#20 Post by searspro »

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH

Reader

Energy Pledge

#21 Post by Reader »

I have read the 50% fuel reduction pledge. You should post it so others can as well. It sounds too good to be true don't you agree? Perhaps that's why the details of the pledge include that the homeowner must backtrack 12 months before and 12 months after the install and prove similar average daily (730) temperatures and the exact amount of gas, electric and oil used specifically for heating and cooling during both time periods. Piece of cake for the average homeowner? It's virtually impossible. Let's say someone actually did it. Does that mean that you would pay the difference from what they actually saved and 50% every year? NO, it does not. The pledge only covers the first year after install and is limited to a $500 maximum payout. No wonder you have never had a claim on it, and if you did, and the homeowner was a meteorologist/thermal engineer who was able to meet every requirement, you are out a max of $500 bucks a year after the sale. Great Pitch though.

HipKat

#22 Post by HipKat »

You're right about one thing: We take the prior twelve months, compare to the next 12 months and garrentee 50% reduction, minimum, in fuel consumption.
Did I ever say the plede was a lifetime garrentee? NO! I said every component of the window is.
Now, if you save 50% with a window system that has lifetime garrentee on every part of the window, what will it do over time?

Also, don't beat ME up, because I may, or may not, have been taught misinformation.
You "pros" talk a good game, but I'm in the game too....

Either way, I can see me bowing out of this slugfest pretty soon.....

FenEx

#23 Post by FenEx »

Hipcat

For the future, you might want to realize that some of the posters here are a little better informed than (as you put it), "Anonymous names on a message board." As Windows4u stated, a few of us have been to the Schuco plant, were at the Las Vegas convention and speak to Schuco management, corporate heads and engineers on a regular basis. I'd call those pretty reliable sources... wouldn't you?

You carry one of the finest windows on the market. You should try to look at this thread in a positive light. Now you have more correct information to help you present your product accurately. If I were selling Ferraris, and it will go 220 MPH, why would I say it will do 250 when the Porsche next to it only does 180? In comparison, if Sears made a car... it might reach 70 MPH downhill with a tailwind. Sorry Searspro... had to have some fun here... no offense.

I learn from these posts all the time... it just makes us all better at what we do.

Happy Selling!!!

HipKat

#24 Post by HipKat »

HipKat wrote: Also, don't beat ME up, because I may, or may not, have been taught misinformation.

Did you get my email?