Ideal Majestic questions

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Rockydog

Ideal Majestic questions

#1 Post by Rockydog »

I am in SE PA. We are looking at replacement windows for a 20 year old house that currently has wood windows. Two installers quoted U.S. prices for 31 windows (29 double hung, 3 sliders and a patio sliding door). All w grids except patio. They quoted for the majestic window but one was around 15,000 and the other at 18500 (best price they could get to with original quote of 23500).The lower price quoted for for the ESM + package while the higher one said they checked with Ideal and they no longer sell the ESM + just ESM. I will call ideal tomorrow but wondered what your thoughts are on the windows all around. At this point, I don't particularly trust either for sure. We are in somewhat of a tight timeframe as we gave another baby due in 7 weeks and would like installed beforehand. Any info is very welcome. Thanks so much!

Delaware Mike

Re: Ideal Majestic questions

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

It's been a very long time since I have sold any Ideal products. I've always considered them more of nicer contractor's grade vinyl offering. The Majestic seems pretty decent from the product overview. My best guess is that it may be on par with the likes of the older Soft-Lite Classic, Pro, and Bainbridge series. It's definitely not a top tier vinyl offering, but without know ing the manufacturing tolerances and having first hand installation experience with it, I'm unable to give a full review.

I like the fact that they are reinforcing the meeting rail and offering injected foam filled extrusions. Shadow grooving the welds is a nice touch.