Vinyl Replacement Windows-Chicago

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
kimber60445

Vinyl Replacement Windows-Chicago

#1 Post by kimber60445 »

Hello everyone,

I'm so glad I found this forum! It is wonderful! I am in the process of replacing 3 sliding windows in a remodel of my family room. I live in Midlothian, IL and my house was built in 1970. Last year I replaced 9 of the windows with Kensington, the Huntington 501 Series Vinyl windows. I wanted a decent window, but not top of the line as I'm not sure how long I will be living here as well as the home values in my area.

I called the same company to get a quote for replacing 3 more sliders of the same windows. They came out to measure, sent me quote with seperate quote for install. I called to order the windows without install (my contractor doing them since it's a family room remodel), and when I wasn't having them installed with them, they then told me the measurements they gave me, they can't guarantee the windows will fit as they are not doing the install. Long story short -- I no longer want to deal with them as now I think they are shady. The window sizes are not changing from 3 days ago.

I'm now considering Pella 350 Series Vinyl Sliding Windows from Lowes, or Sunrise Vanguard/Restoration vinyl windows from the Window Super Store. Any advice on which is the better choice? I will probably be in my home another 5 years maybe? Which offers best protection against drafts, noise? Are these brands better then the Kensington Huntington 501 Series, or am I making a mistake by not buying the Kensington?

Any insight would be REALLY appreciated. Thank you!!

Windows on Washington

Re: Vinyl Replacement Windows-Chicago

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Dave, Window4U, is your man. Look him up on here and give him a ring.