Carefree vinyl window panes

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
TomH

Carefree vinyl window panes

#1 Post by TomH »

Hello All,

I have Carefree double pane windows in a 28X60 double wide purchased in 2002. I am getting some micro-bacterial growth in some of the window panes. It seems the seal has broken and the argon/krypton is gone. When I search for the windows, it seems I can find entire replacement windows, or could go to the local construction businesses (Lowe's, Home Depot, etc.) but they don't carry Carefree windows so I would have to replace the entire window.

My question is, Is it possible to just replace the single pane and not the entire window? If so, is there a link to where I can purchase them? I live in Indiana so local groups would be best.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide,

TH

Windows on Washington

Re: Carefree vinyl window panes

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Call Carefree first.

You will need to either replace the sash or the IGU (insulated glass unit). You cannot just replace one pane.

TomH

#3 Post by TomH »

OOPS - I guess that was my question - where to get an individual sash or IGU. Is there a Carefree "home page" where I can order just the parts of a window and not the entire window?

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

Yes, you should be able to contact them and get service parts. Looks like they have contact info on their website.