Simonton 5500 or Berkshire Elite

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
TheWindowNerd

Re: Simonton 5500 or Berkshire Elite

#16 Post by TheWindowNerd »

If Eric and his team of Windows on Washington service your area he/they would be the contact to make.
Great people with lots of good product.

patgilm

#17 Post by patgilm »

TheWindowNerd wrote:If Eric and his team of Windows on Washington service your area he/they would be the contact to make.
Great people with lots of good product.
Yeah I was going to call him directly to see what he could do with pricing on the Okna's but I think I am going with someone closer to me. I found a place that I can get the Softlite Imperial LS for about $605 per window but I have to basically get about 19 windows done instead of the original 9 windows I had planned to get done to get that pricing (I was going to get the rest done eventually anyway but was just going to wait to do it for cash flow purposes).

I struggled a little bit with not going with the Simonton 5500 since the price is about $200 cheaper per window but I really like the Softlites and it seems many here like them. Plus I know that when I asked about the install on the Softlites they said they use non-expansion foam where the Simonton installer didn't use it.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#18 Post by Window4U (IL) »

patgilm wrote:
I found a place that I can get the Softlite Imperial LS for about $605 per window but I have to basically get about 19 windows done instead of the original 9 windows I had planned to get done to get that pricing.
Why won't the contractor do only the 9 windows you want to do? I can understand if you were only wanting to do 1 or 2 windows as the cost of sending someone out is high for 1 or 2, but 9 windows seems like plenty to do to get a good pricing rate. I don't mean to stir the pot as he can do what he wants with his own company. It just struck me funny...

patgilm

#19 Post by patgilm »

Window4U (IL) wrote:
patgilm wrote:
I found a place that I can get the Softlite Imperial LS for about $605 per window but I have to basically get about 19 windows done instead of the original 9 windows I had planned to get done to get that pricing.
Why won't the contractor do only the 9 windows you want to do? I can understand if you were only wanting to do 1 or 2 windows as the cost of sending someone out is high for 1 or 2, but 9 windows seems like plenty to do to get a good pricing rate. I don't mean to stir the pot as he can do what he wants with his own company. It just struck me funny...
They can do 9 windows if I wanted them to but it would cost more per window and would be equal to another Softlite dealer I got an estimate from. This dealer was able to give more volume discounts the more windows I bought and nobody else would do that and I called about 5 others I considered going with and the price per window was the same regardless of how many I bought. Also, I got 0% financing for 18 months and there was no difference in price for paying cash or financing where the others would give discounts for paying cash and even their cash price couldn't touch the price I got. I saved about $3k.